Anyone else grows from their balcony

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey all! I live in a high rise apartment and each spring I plant my vegetables and let them grow out on the balcony. I have had success each year and I am thankful for the PM hot sun we get as they only get a couple hours of sun a day. I was wondering is there anyone else who grows their vegetables right off their balcony? and if so, how does it turn out for you at the end of the growing season? Are you satisfied with your results?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I have tried patio gardening before and was successful at growing cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, strawberries, collard greens, basil, bell peppers, and green beans. Not a huge yield on most things, but at the time I did not do it for that reason, but it was stress relief. I was able to educate myself about the best times to plant, harvest, and in some cases, how to pollenate manually. I think is a very worthwhile thing to do.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My friend has a balcony garden, but she grows mostly herbs and small decorative flowers. She says that as long as they get the same care as you would a regular garden, they thrive just fine.

Reaction score
I do some gardening from balcony but i grow mostly flowers, herbs and bell peppers....i just totally love the fact that my balcony is beautified with not only flowers but herbs and veggies that just gives off a great aroma.

Ask a Question