Balcony garden

Reaction score
This is all the space I have apart from my window sills.. this is my little garden

balcony garden 12.jpg
orange poinsettias.jpg
yellow gerbora daisy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie, you have so many plants!:D And they're all so beautiful. I love how colorful and cheerful it looks, it must be a great pleasure to grow them and to look at them every day:D

Reaction score
Claudine, thank you. This is just a 4x5 feet space and I have had someone build me a stand to hold containers in three tiers. I make sure that it is as colorful and pretty as it can get...I spend my time in the mornings watching my plants and talking to them when the rest of the family is out... this is one wonderful part of my life.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's the same with me - I talk to my roses too:) . And the first thing I do in the morning is to check if they have grown during the night. Sometimes they really surprise me, they grow so fast! And the best moments are when I notice a new bud. I love when they bloom:D

Reaction score
That's a very colorful garden you have there Maddie.. are you able to maintain it year round, or is it just for spring, summer, and early fall? Do you have a light on your garden for night fall? That would be pretty at night with a grow light or some other soft light shining on the plants.. Nice garden, and you're giving me ideas .. thanks!

Reaction score
That's a very colorful garden you have there Maddie.. are you able to maintain it year round, or is it just for spring, summer, and early fall? Do you have a light on your garden for night fall? That would be pretty at night with a grow light or some other soft light shining on the plants.. Nice garden, and you're giving me ideas .. thanks!
This is a 365 day garden... this picture was taken last winter. There isn't much of a winter here.. and my garden is in bloom all year through... the joy of my life.. :) My herb garden is just few green containers on my kitchen window sill.. I have a few containers in another balcony but nothing much survives there, as there is very little light... I have plants in every corner of my home.. lol all lit up with grow lights. :)
I wish I had more space... :/ I am building my dream home.. a small home with a huge garden, the plan is ready but.. I need to wait for a few years until I can get to the outskirts of the city... until then I will have to make do with this :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What a blaze of colour - it looks beautiful! Are those poinsettias? Do you have to take much action to get those gorgeous red leaves?

Reaction score
Becky, Poinsettias don't need much effort. I just stick some stems ( from those plants you see in the pictures) into little containers with soil and wormy compost and let them grow.. I have about ten little pots now on my window sill... these are decorated with silver wrap and ribbons and given to my friends at Christmas.. They make the easiest and most colorful Christmas gifts... a few years ago when I had more space.. i would sell these plants.. they are quite expensive here.. so I made quite a bit of money at Christmas time... :)

Reaction score
What a beautiful little garden. The ponsiettias are quite magnificent. I do love to have them in the house at Christmas time. You have reminded me to go out and buy one!

Reaction score
What a beautiful little garden. The ponsiettias are quite magnificent. I do love to have them in the house at Christmas time. You have reminded me to go out and buy one!
The poinsettias are a major part of my Christmas decorations. Home made candle and poinsettias are my kind of decoration.Thanks for the compliment
Here are some gazanias from my garden
index.php

Reaction score
You have certainly squeezed a lot of plants into a very small space. So if there any space left for you to walk or has your garden completely taken over your balcony?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The poinsettias are a major part of my Christmas decorations. Home made candle and poinsettias are my kind of decoration.Thanks for the compliment
Here are some gazanias from my garden
index.php

They're so beautiful!!!:D I love the colors, they're so delicate. Most of the gazanias I've seen were orange, yours are so much prettier. I want to grow gazanias like these too:)

Reaction score
They're so beautiful!!!:D I love the colors, they're so delicate. Most of the gazanias I've seen were orange, yours are so much prettier. I want to grow gazanias like these too:)
Claudine, the common ones are yellows and oranges, but there are pretty whites with green yellow and pink hearts. These are called gazania splendins.
Thanks I love them too.. the white ones have dried out I have just planted some mixed seeds.. lets hope I get some lovely white next in this lot.

Reaction score
You have certainly squeezed a lot of plants into a very small space. So if there any space left for you to walk or has your garden completely taken over your balcony?
LOL There is hardly any space left .. i can just about water the plants.. I have made a fixture with three tiers and it is packed with more than 100 containers.. My husband thinks I am crazy .. but he still drives me around to get more plants..lol :) He is a sweetheart.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
LOL There is hardly any space left .. i can just about water the plants.. I have made a fixture with three tiers and it is packed with more than 100 containers.. My husband thinks I am crazy .. but he still drives me around to get more plants..lol :) He is a sweetheart.

It's the same with my love - he always jokes that I have enough of miniature roses and that he won't buy me another one because there is no room for it on my windowsill...but he never keeps this promise - he knows how I love roses and he always surprise me with new ones:D

Ask a Question