Are there any fruits that grow well indoors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My boyfriend used to have a chili plant in his room. He grew it for many years and alway had a lot of chili peppers.
My mother grows strawberries and blueberries, both of them are doing great indoors.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've grown Tomatoes on the window sill, neighbours thought I was growing pot :D

Reaction score
My grandmother have always grown cherry tomatoes indoor and they do produce in an abundance; i have heard that citrus plants thrives well indoors.

Reaction score
I want to try my hand at growing lemons inside. I've always been skeptical about it because our winters are harsh, but with the lemon plant being inside I may have a standing chance. I'm excited to try this. I saw somewhere, where you can take the seeds from a lemon you have at the house and plant them. Anyone ever had any luck with this?

I have not tried this. I have purchased special dwarf varieties and they have done well. In my experience you have to watch out for spider mites and keep up the humidity by misting them if it isn't humid enough in your house for your liking. I grew the best limes I had ever had! I don't know what you would be getting if you planted seeds from a store bought lemon. I have heard that much of the time store bought fruits and vegetables are engineered so that you can't grow them from seed. Not sure how much truth there is to that. I know you can grow a pineapple if you cut the top of a pineapple off and you can grow an avacado tree from an avacado pit. I have done both of those.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Currently I am having success in growing avocado, lemon, orange, and date trees but await them growing larger and producing fruit. It is very exciting and it helps our children to want to eat healthier because they each have some type of ownership in the care. I agree that tomatoes, melons and cucumbers are great to grow indoors as well.

Ask a Question