Aphids?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok got Aphids on two out of 22 Tomato Plants plus have Squirrels getting a few.

Yesterday did natural but today they was bugging me so I sprayed them with water, sprayed with regular Garden Spray and put some Marigolds out. And put a fake Owl out for Squirrels.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Neem oil works like magic for me if the water spray fails. Just put a capful in a spray bottle with a bit of detergent (I think you call it dish soap). Make sure you shake the bottle first else you might end up spraying neat neem on your plants (been there, done that).

As for squirrels - I can recommend Beagles (we have four). Although that said, the Beagles will do more damage to your tomatoes than the squirrels!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Neem oil works like magic for me if the water spray fails. Just put a capful in a spray bottle with a bit of detergent (I think you call it dish soap). Make sure you shake the bottle first else you might end up spraying neat neem on your plants (been there, done that).

As for squirrels - I can recommend Beagles (we have four). Although that said, the Beagles will do more damage to your tomatoes than the squirrels!!
Yesterday I sprayed with Dawn Dish Soap, Vegetable Oil and Peppermint. Diluted with water.

I've used Neem and have some but it burnt my plants.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I sprayed with Dawn Dish Soap, Vegetable Oil and Peppermint. Diluted with water.

I've used Neem and have some but it burnt my plants.

big rockpile
I use a tiny cap full (half teaspoon maybe) in 1L spray bottle with dish soap to disperse it. Last year I sprayed my brassicas but forgot to shake the bottle first. Neat neem got sprayed all over the plants. It looked like they'd been varnished! They all died.

So, moral of the story - make sure you shake well before application!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use a tiny cap full (half teaspoon maybe) in 1L spray bottle with dish soap to disperse it. Last year I sprayed my brassicas but forgot to shake the bottle first. Neat neem got sprayed all over the plants. It looked like they'd been varnished! They all died.

So, moral of the story - make sure you shake well before application!!
Always do was told to wait till almost dark.

big rockpile

Ask a Question