Alotment aka community gardens

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Are these popular in your country? There's still a lot of them in every larger Polish city, and I happily work one. I love the opportunity to stay connected to nature, especially since I was brought up in a village and my parents have a large garden. Recently there are problems with the government agency which is their formal owner - they've been accused of corruption, and now there's a threat this will be used to sell the land off for investment.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Gardening is not popular in Canada at large. I once had an allotment in Toronto about 20 years ago and most of the participants were old country people, in my particularly area Italian. Excellent gardeners, but hardly a Canadian amongst them, who was not an immigrant.
I live in a subdivision in a about the best growing area in Canada, and there are few food gardens. The properties are large and all that is grown is grass.

Ask a Question