Sage! - AKA- Deer sausage garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Just cut my sage plants tonight!... Got a whole sink full. I'm going to dehydrate and rub the whole mess of it! I LOVE having fresh sage for my venison breakfast sausage! Anyone else do this?

IMG_8142.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I love sage with pork, but I don't think I've tried it with venison before. Must give it try sometime! (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Love sage! I always put sage in my cornbread stuffing, use it dusted on pork chops, make a chopped onion and sage spread for butterflied pork tenderloin, and put a goodly bunch inside a roasting chicken.
My dear wife has taught me to cook chicken aeromatically with tricks like that, a bird stuffed with onion and garlic and sage and thyme..now I am hungry!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I love sage with pork, but I don't think I've tried it with venison before. Must give it try sometime! (y)
I have a Jimmy Dean sausage copycat recipe that I use for my venison breakfast sausage. The sage is mixed with the other seasoning, blended in a little bit of water, and mixed in to the fresh meat mix. Really works the flavor throughout the meat. Having a meat mixer is a bonus.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have a Jimmy Dean sausage copycat recipe that I use for my venison breakfast sausage. The sage is mixed with the other seasoning, blended in a little bit of water, and mixed in to the fresh meat mix. Really works the flavor throughout the meat. Having a meat mixer is a bonus.
I agree. Next on my meat parade is a deli slicer, though I have become remarkably proficient with a long sharp knife slicing chicken for dried pet treats.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I agree. Next on my meat parade is a deli slicer, though I have become remarkably proficient with a long sharp knife slicing chicken for dried pet treats.
My advice is to buy quality. I made a goal to buy 1 item per season. This allowed by to get high-end equipment without the pain of cost. Eventually, you will have all the equipment you need. It took me 5 years to become fully equipped with nice stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
My advice is to buy quality. I made a goal to buy 1 item per season. This allowed by to get high-end equipment without the pain of cost. Eventually, you will have all the equipment you need. It took me 5 years to become fully equipped with nice stuff.
And your wife says exactly what at the clan gatherings? Does she extoll your wise virtue?

Ask a Question