Ritsurin Gardens - Takamatsu, Japan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I've been on vacation the last week with my family and we stopped at the Ritsurin Gardens in Takamatsu. They're a pretty famous garden -- it was a rainy kind of day but I felt like it made it even more majestic!

I hope you enjoy the pictures and the little insight into Japanese gardens!

DSC_1102.jpg

DSC_1094.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gorgeous place and gorgeous shots! It has such artistic looks and I wish I can visit Japan one day. My son worked on a cruise ship, and he was there last year. He loves everything about Japan.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gorgeous! The weather in the first photo almost makes it look like a tilt-shift effect (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Gorgeous! The weather in the first photo almost makes it look like a tilt-shift effect (y)

When I took the picture and looked back at it on my camera I thought to myself it almost looked fake! The misty weather also lent itself to that look, I think!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's a breathtakingly beautiful place, I love the lake in the first picture. It seems so calm and majestic. I could just stand there and look at it all day long:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Wow, it's a breathtakingly beautiful place, I love the lake in the first picture. It seems so calm and majestic. I could just stand there and look at it all day long:)

I think that's one of the things I love most about the garden culture here in Japan. They all do have that calm, serene feel to them - I feel lucky that I've had the chance to live here for a few years and experience it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that's one of the things I love most about the garden culture here in Japan. They all do have that calm, serene feel to them - I feel lucky that I've had the chance to live here for a few years and experience it!
Yes, exactly, I love it too. Looking at Japanese gardens calms me down. There is a small Japanese garden in my city and it looks like a piece of art. It's just so perfect:love:

Ask a Question