A beautiful visitor

Reaction score
The weather here is acting like that as well. Some days are hot and sunny then cold and rainy. Today it's sunny and windy. It's suppose to be getting cold again. I would rather the weather make up its mind and stay warm, but it is time for winter so that is not going to happen.

Reaction score
Tnanks, you are very kind :) I was just lucky I found that moth, and had my camera with me that time :)

Reaction score
The weather here is acting like that as well. Some days are hot and sunny then cold and rainy. Today it's sunny and windy. It's suppose to be getting cold again. I would rather the weather make up its mind and stay warm, but it is time for winter so that is not going to happen.

That sounds quite alarming, I thought it was mostly here because our weather is a desertic one, and tends to be hot, but back in the day we had real winters :) Today is a bit cold, but the temperature will surely rise again later. What a weird winter is this! I guess no winter over here ths year!

Reaction score
I wish we weren't having winter weather at all. The sun is hot, but the wind is cool. It's suppose to get really cold this weekend, but right now the weather is pleasant. It's a shame it can't be like this everyday. I just don't like the cold.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have never seen a moth with so much color, it is beautiful. Surprising you were able to take so many great pictures of the moth.

Reaction score
Yeah, I was luclu to tpot it erven bemore my dog did, ot else he;d have torn it into pieaces if he had seen it befefore I actually did!

Reaction score
I wish we weren't having winter weather at all. The sun is hot, but the wind is cool. It's suppose to get really cold this weekend, but right now the weather is pleasant. It's a shame it can't be like this everyday. I just don't like the cold.
Over here, in my city love the cold, becayse the reat of the year we are suffering with the extreme health ad that ones affects my hair is so many ways, it does the same to my poor skin!

Reaction score
Those moths are so beautiful. They should be upgraded to almost a butterfly.
The colors are stunning, and have a great pattern. ALmost looks like it has eyes on its back.

I am so glad that you were able to take such amazing pictures.

Reaction score
I ciuldn't agree more with you! Those most are as beautiful as most butterflies! :) They should be upgraded to butterflies no doubt! I vwas so lucky to catch this one!

Reaction score
I ciuldn't agree more with you! Those most are as beautiful as most butterflies! :) They should be upgraded to butterflies no doubt! I vwas so lucky to catch this one!

It is one of those rare moments that we are thankful for.
They take your breath away. When you can share that moment and others feel as you did, is double the reward.

Reaction score
Exactly, an exxtremely rare and exceptional moment, I must add :) I've have been more lucky I could have only been able to take a picture of the male io moth, but hopely one day in the future I;ll be able to do so ;) Those little creatures are truly unique!

Reaction score
Exactly, an exxtremely rare and exceptional moment, I must add :) I've have been more lucky I could have only been able to take a picture of the male io moth, but hopely one day in the future I;ll be able to do so ;) Those little creatures are truly unique!

Ok, so that was a female variety? I am dumbfounded. Believe me, I had no idea there are males and females. I do not mean to sound ignorant. I skipped that class. lol

Reaction score
Don't worry! Before I found that one I had no idea there was such a huge difference between the male and the female, lol. The males is just out of this world, believe me!

Reaction score
That is indeed a beautiful insect and the wings look like peacock feathers. I should know, I own peacocks :D There's a butterfly specie that looks alike and they visit inn the spring time :) Maybe I'll be able to photograph one next spring.

Ask a Question