Our 'systematic wilderness' got us a beautiful visitor.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
As I have already mentioned here my garden kind of has a wild look but there is a place for everything. I clicked a video of this peacock that was gingerly strolling in our garden, It looked at me but was not scared. I loved that experience. Peacock is our national bird. We cannot rear it as a pet.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful bird. I like to see them when their tails are displayed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
How lovely! My garden visitor yesterday was an opossum! It was not at all welcome, lol! ( @zigs I forgot to tell you...) I was in back of the house walking around the driveway side and there it was. Not very big, but larger than my foot. Scurried under the house just as I turned the corner.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
How lovely! My garden visitor yesterday was an opossum! It was not at all welcome, lol! ( @zigs I forgot to tell you...) I was in back of the house walking around the driveway side and there it was. Not very big, but larger than my foot. Scurried under the house just as I turned the corner.
I had to search the Net to see how this intruder of yours looks (lol)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I had to search the Net to see how this intruder of yours looks (lol)

You're in for a bit of a jolt, lol. It's not at all attractive! Years ago when we had a dog in the yard I'd occasionally see a larger one out there hissing. Yesterday I considered looking into trapping and relocating it because I DO NOT want it messing with my veg plants.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here in the states, you can keep peacocks. My mother had two pair for a long time. It was so interesting to see them preen around, and fluff out their tail. Absolutely beautiful. They had free range of their 10 acres, but they always roosted in one tree.

They shed their tail feathers and she would walk around the property and save them, to give away to friends. They were so neat, except for one thing. When they screech, they sound exactly like babies crying. It's kind of disconcerting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jyoslens01

Latest Threads