A beautiful visitor

Reaction score
Yeah I have been having a lot of spiders appear in my house lately. It is very annoying because I get rid of one, and out pops another. Ugh it gets on my nerves.

Reaction score
Yikes! Over here we often spot the big ones mostly, like for example the tarantulas. I so very much prefer to cohabit with a house gecko than with a few spiders. Now that I think about it... in the last 2 weeks I've spotted medium sized ones all over the house... yikes! Sometimes I wonder if they hide all over my plants!

Reaction score
The male and the female both put on quite a display of color. That is not typical in animals where the females typically do not have the bright coloring. I agree those are great photos.

You are braver or less squeamish than me. Those fuzzy legs look like they would at least ..tickle or maybe scare me a bit like a tarantula.

Reaction score
Hahaha, yah, that little fellow's legs looked like a tarantula's :p She was super friendly, but I must admit I was a bit scared at first, because as soon as I touched it started shaking! That was a really odd movement, but I thought: what's the worst that could happen? I thought it'd just fly away :)

Reaction score
I never would have thought it would shake when you touched it. I thought it would have flown away instead.

Reaction score
Me either, no idea if that's a normal behaviour or maybe she was just very old and sick; they don't like very long. Plus something must have been really wrong for it to be outside during the daytime. Maybe it was just looking for a calm place to ''rest''.

Reaction score
It could have been looking for that. It's a shame that we can't read their minds. That way we would know what they are thinking. On second thought, I don't want to know. I would rather leave it as one of life's mysteries.

Reaction score
Yeah, the caterpillars are really interesting looking as well, but watch out, because they're extremely poisonous... the green spikes all over their bodies are very sharp. If you touch that, you can end up at the hospital :eek:

o_O

Well thanks a lot nature, that's just super.

Reaction score
I loled at your comment, because that's exactly what I thought when I found out those spikes were poisonous and they hurt REALLY bad if they sting your skin! I guess there is no better defence mechanism than this one, lol.

Reaction score
WOW!!! I have never seen anything like these before!! What amazing colors they have!!! I couldn't imagine seeing one in person! They are just stunning!!

Reaction score
So beautiful! Butterflies are truly amazing. I wish I saw them more where I am at. I have never seen a butterfly like that in person, just in pictures.

Reaction score
Oh this actually is a moth :) A very rare one I must add! It can only be seen in North America, since it's originary from that zone. I was very lucky to find it once morning. It was actually my dad who did, he called me fast because he knows how much I love this kind of bugs :)

Reaction score
WOW!!! I have never seen anything like these before!! What amazing colors they have!!! I couldn't imagine seeing one in person! They are just stunning!!

You are so right! I often think how strange it is for a moth to have such a set of nice, stunning and bright colours, because they only go out at night!! Seeing them during the day is extremely rare! So I have no idea why they evolved that way, it's really interesting actually!

Reaction score
I do wish I could see those here. I do see more butterflies now, but I don't see moths like that. I would love to see one, but I don't think I will see one right now since the weather has started to change.

Reaction score
Is it fall there yet? The weather over here seems crazy... I mean, some days are so hot, others a bit cold and rainy! It's so confusing! Right now is just 8C, but the temperature will raise later for sure :( So I think we will be seeing a lot butterflies here (y)

Ask a Question