5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning! :D

Thick covering of frost outside this morning but with the lovely sunshine it does look pretty.
Want to do a final sort out and weed the last remaining big border now that the Cosmos and Fuchsias have vacated to a warmer home.
Will also plant out the remaining Bellis too...that's today's plan(y)

Have a great day :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure I want to go out until all the frost has melted away. It's so cold in my lean to and I have used underlay, cardboard over the tiles. I was so desperate that I even poured a kettle of hot boiling water into a baking tray. Couldn't find the hot water bottle. Sooooo cold! Now I have to wipe off all the condensation in the house. Feel like a Saturday to me! ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
If I wrap up warm it's not that bad:)

I bet you will get lots of condensation if you have to resort to putting boiling water into trays:eek:
We get condensation in the bathroom during the winter after our morning showers. We find it's not yet necessary to use the big dehumidifier instead we just use the Karcher and it does an amazing job. Use it in the kitchen occasionally when doing a lot of cooking during the colder months too!
https://www.kaercher.com/uk/home-garden/window-vac.html

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If I wrap up warm it's not that bad:)

I bet you will get lots of condensation if you have to resort to putting boiling water into trays:eek:
We get condensation in the bathroom during the winter after our morning showers. We find it's not yet necessary to use the big dehumidifier instead we just use the Karcher and it does an amazing job. Use it in the kitchen occasionally when doing a lot of cooking during the colder months too!
https://www.kaercher.com/uk/home-garden/window-vac.html

Hey, have you got commission from Karcher!? :DWe spent the whole of Wednesday cleaning the lean to ceiling. Tons of condensation. :eek:Need to do it again soon. Need to hunt for some hot water bottles:banghead:. Need to go out to inspect the damage!:inpain:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL::ROFLMAO:...I wish ,@alp. No seriously it's very good. My sis up in London has one and I used it after showering when I was living up there last year. My hubs was impressed too .....and that's a rarity!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO: So we bought one last winter.(y)

Gorgeous out there today, been out there since 10. We would have had a BBQ , but we had already defrosted one of hubs meals. We did eat outside though.....really warm:).

Have cleared the big border of unwanted and in most cases uninvited residents. Have distributed some wanted selfseeders to other parts of the garden . Will now p!ant out the remaining Bellis and plant out some Tulips that are in pots, these will be sunk into the borders (y)

Washing and net curtains are drying on the line.....all in all a perfect day :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy Could you please take a pic of it so that I can buy one? Is it just a handheld one please? We just go around with another towel. I have never been out today. Just curled up and looked for a transaction in my accounts. Nightmare! Well done for bracing the cold and the frost. I sat in the living and still felt very cold. Watched Escape to the country and saw a house with a lovely view. If I want to get that view I might have to move to Lowestoft or Wales or Scottish border!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Another cold day and the smoke alarm beeped twice for no reason and this is the one from the Fire Department, not my v9 battery running low.

Neighbour has been quiet as another skip on the front driveway and for some reason, the daughter was taken to the hospital again, wearing a mask. It's 2nd time in a month. She and her children live at the glorified shed at the back, with Sky TV and all that. Don't think she's going to last. I myself have seen the ambulance 4 times since last year. At least, I have some quiet and some breathing space. Hope the skip comes every month. LOL!

Cold and dark. The candle in the lean to does nothing. 7c is the dizzying height.
upload_2018-11-3_6-6-37.png

Can't wait for tomorrow to come 9c is what I want.

Viewing again this afternoon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all a bright start with a high of 14 c forecast, gardens are very wet but a dry few days forecast will try and give the lawns a final cut later in the week ,have a great weekend everyone.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
14C in the NE??? You lucky fella! Supposed to be sunny or wall to wall sunshine from yesterday's broadcast. Now, it has been revised and is a bit gray. Thought I could replicate @Upsy Daisy 's laundry trick, but no. No sunshine to speak of. Will hang the clothes out and bring them in later to dry them further.

I have my rubber plant and spider plants outside in an alcove facing the west and they seem to be OK. I'm banking on the retained heat to warm the plants. I just have too many indoor plants.

Once it's warmer tomorrow, will have to remove all the "boiled" dahlias. I'm praying that I don't have to cut my lawn again as I tuned my lawn mower to the lowest setting .. Hope I can get away with it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone, how are you all?

Not feeling too good this morning for some reason.....but will undoubtedly shake it off

Lovely day again down south:) .Off to do a couple of hours gardening at my Dad's soon and will probably stay and have lunch with him.

Had a bit of a scare last night as my Dad didn't pick up the phone when I rang him ( ring him 8am and 8pm every day) . Rang him 3 times, we dashed over ( I was literally shaking ) to find that he had somehow disconnected his ringer on his phone.......phew!!!! He was happily watching tv!:)(y)

If it's not our children then it's our parents we worry over.:)

Have a good day:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @alp, fingers crossed for all your viewings (y)

This is the Karcher that we have. Front and back view.
IMG_20181103_090516.jpg
IMG_20181103_090459.jpg

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @alp, fingers crossed for all your viewings (y)

This is the Karcher that we have. Front and back view.
View attachment 46820 View attachment 46821

Roughly half much please your magic moisture sapper and doesn't it need charging please? I'm still waiting for the viewing and hide all the stuff whereever there is a space. Such a hypocrite I am!

@Upsy Daisy : You probably overworked yourself. Has your dad got an Alexa or something or it doesn't work when the phone is not connected. It might help to remind him to check the phone connection around 8am and 8pm to save you a bit of scare! Or even ask him to phone! Feel so sorry for you. All the relatives can be a bit of causes of scare - sis, bro and dad and children ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question