5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all - Very mild and it seems to be a bit windy but dry at the mo! Going to be hectic today.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It was all sunshine in the morning and we viewed 5 houses or 6. First one was good, but the journey to the house was terrible. Very run-down. It has a nice garden plot, but the sun doesn't seem to be hitting the garden properly.

Then another one with no gas central heating. Yet another one with a newish kitchen and backing onto a park, but too much needs doing. It's like in a time wrap. Now it's all dark and drizzly.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning. Went to bed 10.30 and woke up at 4. Proof that I am senile. Very mild in here. A cup of tea has warmed me up and I am under a duvet coat and perspiring.

There will be a viewing at 4 and hope to go to posh GC to buy some reduced stuff. Need to buy some peppermint essential oil urgently as son phoned me on his way to work, saying that he had found my bus pass! Grrrrrrrrrrr! And a small mouse jumping up and down in his car! What a nightmare!

I have used pepper powder extensively in the lean up and all the warm pathways inside the house. The whole of the lean to has been cleaned. Holes sealed up and pepper powder generously applied. All the chewables have been boxed. Was shocked that they have now moved to the garage.

Have a nice day, everyone!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon it finally stopped raining, next week looks drier but colder. Still not seen any houses you like alp ?
Got 50 tulips to plant later and that will be all the bulbs planted, keep get emails offering cheap bulbs, tempting but no point at the moment it be like digging a bulb up to plant another one with the amount of bulbs I have.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the tulips planted with wallflowers on top, I give the wallflowers a hair cut to make them more bush = more flowers :). I had some apricot foxgloves in pots grown from seed earlier this year so planted them out and moved some foxgloves which had self sown them self in the wrong place. Planted out the rest of the bellis / pansy / voila in the troughs and planted out the rest of the myosotis in the garden. Did a bit of weeding while I was at it, buttercups creeping under the fence and willow herbs seeding behind the currants. Quite productive to say I was just going out to plant the tulips (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Still not seen any houses you like alp ?

I have seen one that I like, but as I predicted, the house would be sold very quickly and it did. I need to sell my house in order to buy one. I have had no mortgage since 2007. The other one is another bungalow with a lot of decking, but the rooms are very small and the kitchen looks huge in photo but is actually 10 by 8'. The decking takes up the suntrap area. Such a shame. Those two are detached bungalows. Don't think I can see another one like those. But since I haven't sold this house, very little I can do.

I really love apricot coloured foxgloves and I hope the seeds self seed themselves. I even had sclome dalmatian ones. But by far, I like my apricot ones most. Their petals are shaped so elegantly.

Was out for 2 hours cutting all the dead branches and cleared quite a lot of stuff. Trimmed quite a bit of fuchsia. Then a nice couple came to view the house. The man is a builder! Whoa! BUILDER! I love a builder! Wish I could employ some trustworthy ones!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I could sow more seeds. My Thalictrum Delaya has sprouted. Please, please, please, tell me how I can keep it alive. I just love the magic colour. So rare!

A few chillies - on the small side. But still, very happy to see them.
SAM_0085.JPG

Christmas Rose
SAM_0076.JPG
SAM_0077.JPG
SAM_0078.JPG

A double green hellebore
SAM_0080.JPG
SAM_0081.JPG
SAM_0082.JPG
SAM_0083.JPG
SAM_0084.JPG

Very excited to see Asclepias Tuberosa seed pods have opened. A while back, I kept going to hunt for them seeds, trying to squeeze and squash them and yet they just snubbed me. Today, whilst tidying up the borders, suddenly saw tons of silky threads flying around. Gee, I nearly lost them all!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a very quiet day and it's not too cold inside the living and I have had a few days of respite. Better not say it too soon.

More weeding and more trimming. Need to top up soil where the delicate plants are. Once it snows, my salvias may be in trouble.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Logan. Slugs are already visiting some flowers.

I am sure your house will smell heavenly. Might have to buy some as ex lamented the lack of them last year. We're going to have aromatic duck and pork joint for the day. All the male members are very keen on duck and my son the crackling skin of pork joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question