Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have to see if my raspberries are going to fruit this year. The black ones fruited last year. I might have a look around lIdl to see if I can find the gold ones. I did try some and they were delicious. One was rather small. Thank you for the hint.

Shame you live so far. 1L pots I have tons. 3 posh black troughes from Homebase - with reservoirs. I couldn't bear to use them. LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody knows where I can buy fungicide and methylated spirit (just a small amount) cheaply please?

I have ordered Epsom salt from a chemical company from Norfolk, cheaper than Elixir. Hope it's the right one. Thank you, @Zenji.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How are you getting on, @BigC ? Everything OK?
Yeah everything is fine this end @alp..what with winter, Christmas and family time getting in the way of the gardening bug ...I didn't get much time...but I'm back in full swing for this new season and manically trying to whip this waterlogged plot back into shape...working on the pathways and woodwork, greenhouse and pond areas first as I always do this time of year...Seating area looks tired so replenishing the new plum slate (need around 20 bags). I'm concentrating on hot chilli's again this year..not that I do anything specially with them other than maybe some sauce or cooking, I just want to find the best way to make them tick...I did ok with Apache last year but others faired less but I've been doing some homework on germination and husbandry techniques so hopefully I can apply what I've learnt into practical terms...I usually grow 6 tomato plants in the greenhouse I will be cutting this down to 2...(we dont need all those tomatoes really. So the space is being turned over to Chilli growing...Well thats enough about what I'm up to :)..How are you keeping? Regards C

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Chilli? Ah, that reminds me of my own chilli seeds. This year has been diabolical. All my seeds have perished because of the cold and the radiator has been working so hard that the heat has killed my seedlings.

Glad that everything is OK with you. I do miss your geisha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think she needs a good clean...she's a damp green colour hahahaha....job for the weekend....to get her back all prim and proper :)

fin1.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very difficult to fight against nature. She should be damp and green, being in Ireland! This year, I am trying to grow Scotch Bonnet. I saw a seedling, but now I don't even know where the cup of seedlings have gone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Chilli? Ah, that reminds me of my own chilli seeds. This year has been diabolical. All my seeds have perished because of the cold and the radiator has been working so hard that the heat has killed my seedlings.
Maybe a little secondhand propagator would be a good investment @alp.. temp controlled...or an economy model like mine hahahaha without all the birds and whistles :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a spring like April 5th! Sun is out and heat will come later. Heater and air purifier both on! When are these miseries going to end?

Yes, I need to do some research as I have bought 3 AGM ones and also quite a few good ones from B&Q. One more month, bargain hunting season begins! Oh, I can't wait. I am very keen on an Aldi Walkin Greenhouse at £24.99. Oh, dear!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe a little secondhand propagator would be a good investment @alp.. temp controlled...or an economy model like mine hahahaha without all the birds and whistles :)

I have got 3, but only turned on one. The others burn holes in the pocket. Need to rethink. Trouble is after turning them on, I need to buy Neem oil/pumice stones/or washing liquid with?? to kill the little flies. Already they are eating up my cannas one of which is showing buds! Wow! Can't wait.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all. The sun is out and a nice blue sky but cold with a frost reaching 9 c but still a long way from spring .Will take months for the gardens to dry out .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question