Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well done @alp.....did you drink it cold?

Just hung out the laundry.....lovely drying day!

Now I am leaving hubs to continue digging out the new border, while I go into town to meet up with a friend for lunch.

Have a lovely day.

Yes, cold and it tasted a little oniony! The things we do for all these vitamins, minerals and antioxidants ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Logan: your pavement puts up such a good show! And your wall flowers are fine. See, wallflowers are like hellebores. Stewed at one point, but perk up in better weather.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes thanks @alp. Decided to walk into town .....always find walking gives me a good opportunity to think straight:)

Lovely to meet up with my friend for lunch and get away from family related issues.

Back home for 3 so had time to spend a couple of hours potting on some of my seedlings. Didn't come in until 7pm.....so all in all ...a perfect day:D:ROFLMAO:

Hubs has almost finished preparing the new border :)

How has your day been?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Glad that you had some diversion. Washed tons of pots and cleared one compost bin and the content was too wet to burn. Now there are 7 bucket loads of rubbish on the lawn. Did some audit of my hellebores and couldn't bring myself to cull them. Cleared the lean-to so that we can remove the mould on the other wall. It has been a really lovely day. It's warm and ideal for gardening work.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its been glories sunshine all day, got back early today and got stuck in to many jobs, I am very behind to where I should be for the time of year. Had to come in when it started getting dark.
First job was to plant the raspberry canes :) 7 in total , mulched after with woodchip.
Moved pots around the garden where I want them to flower.
Relegated nearly all the perennials in the GH outside where they belong.
Moved strawberries out of GH
Removed the top layer of compost in the GH tomato border and filled up with Homemade Compost just need to add a bit of manure. I will remove all the compost next year.
Filled up the veg trug with H -M compost
Emptied the HM compost into a bin so it can be used later.
Emptied the other compost bin into the one I've just emptied :confused: which seemed to take forever.
Potted on a couple of tiarellas
Condemned some fuchsia and other plants to the bin which haven't come through winter.
Planted my spuds - aaron pilot
Planted the pansy, they come in polystyrene tray, the roots had grown into the polystyrene so made a mess after breaking them all up.
Tidied up the agapanthus dressed / feed them, did the same with some lilys , more to do though
Think thats about it, still need to do lots of work on the lawn and prick out many seedling.

Raspberry canes and strawberry troughs I planted up the other day. Next years compost in the first bin, I've started filling the larger bin with this year waste until march next year. Might have to do something about that compost bin its got a bit of a lean on it :eek:
DSC00002.JPG

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well done, @Perki ! Are agapanthus safe outside? They are doing so well in the tomato greenhouse that I can bear to remove them outside. Son chucked some slug pellets into a big 5L pots and there was a big slug surviving happily in the pot:eek:! I was livid!

I've found out that I am rubbish at making compost and I will reduce them to 4 instead of the 7 that I had. Glad that no snow for you yesterday. What a difference a day made!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Everyone.....where's all those pics of sunshine comming from...doom and gloom here again on a major scale...I've planted some tomato seeds (moneymaker) out in the greenhouse last weekend. Thinking it would warm up by now....I'm either going to have to bring them in or buy some Ailsa Craig from the local Garden Centre..Cmon the God's of Spring...we need some RAYS....lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My cherry tomato seeds have refused to germinate even though they are in a polystyrene cup in a propagator, neither have aubretia and the salad seeds have collapsed and now too dry and dead to be resurrected.

Yesterday, the outside temperature was only 12, and yet the lean-to was boiling. I am dreading it. Transparent roof top is pure rubbish - should have stipulated that I want UV coated glass. But no, Baltic in winter, kiln in summer!

BigC: think about astilbes, meconopsis, fern, or for lack of sunshine, think about crinkling some tin foil. @Logan is expert at that and it worked for her. Emerald Isle might have a different story to tell!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

Gosh @Perki !!!! You certainly got on with jobs yesterday.(y) Well done. Makes me realise just how lazy I am......despite managing 3 hours outside yesterday after getting back, my job list was miniscule in comparison!!!:shame:

Can't say @alp, never grown it. I have moved a lot of my seedlings round....some to cooler places and some hopefully hardier ones have now lost their place in the greenhouse to make more room.....nervous times, it's a case of ' shall I .....shan't I '

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nervous time! You've got it right again, @Upsy Daisy !

Sunshine here, though a bit hazy and there is a chill in the air. Hopefully, my garden will dry out quicker than @Zenji !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, same here @alp(y) It's so very wet, hubs is finding it hard going creating the new border because of the wetness. We have literally got a stream running down the side of our lane at the moment, created from the run off water coming from the hills opposite our house, always happens after prolonged wet spells. Its only when we see fish that we begin to worry:D:ROFLMAO:

I nervously check out my plants every morning to see if they have survived. Moved a lot yesterday.....haven't plucked up the courage yet:nailbiting::nailbiting:

Hate moving them out but space is always needed for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question