Not open for further replies.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed that if plants have been outside in the summer, they will get flies when they're started off again in the spring. I've used a systematic insecticide that works best. Do it as soon as you see them. I don't mix the old plants with my seedlings and chillies,it works that way.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed that if plants have been outside in the summer, they will get flies when they're started off again in the spring. I've used a systematic insecticide that works best. Do it as soon as you see them. I don't mix the old plants with my seedlings and chillies,it works that way.

Will show you my afflicted plants.

Yes, I think we're all in for a bit of spring! Just a bit. Glad that you have BLUE sky. It makes a lot of difference.

Last night, I watched a video on how to make a drink with onion skins and this morning, the drink is still there! Ooops! I need to BRACE myself and son to drink one tonight. Got to start somewhere. Apparently, it needs to be drunk before bedtime and is supposed to be full of anti-oxidants and other minerals!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp that's a good video, I like the idea of brbei able to colour hair with it. I might have a go. It will only taist of onions, so come on drink your medicine;) I use red onions so that will be good on brown and grey hair.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
? what is that? I'm not trying to pull your leg as it is the most important word in the sentence.

I drank it! Wow. Like drinking a bit of raw onion. I should have torn the skins to pieces. Now I know. Half a cup waiting for my son to suffer .. :eek:. Can't say it's delightful. What a glorious day. Was debating if I should have a laundry round. Radiator is still on. But like Zenji, I need my lawn to dry out. So happy that I am going to have all that rain (water).. Need to check my seedlings in the tomato tent. Logan: You've done so well. All your seedlings are singing and dancing. Well done!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Watch it.:eek:...white or grey hair will be tinged orange...not brown!!! Especially with red ones. I use to use white ones as a dye for materials....even they had a strong orange tone....so beware using it on white/grey hair....unless you like the orange look.:D:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well done @alp.....did you drink it cold?

Just hung out the laundry.....lovely drying day!

Now I am leaving hubs to continue digging out the new border, while I go into town to meet up with a friend for lunch.

Have a lovely day.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp, it supposed to be the word, being able. It's this automatic spelling that i get on my phone. I didn't check that it was right. I know you wasn't pulling my leg, I watched the video.

Thanks upsy I won't use it then.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Watch it.:eek:...white or grey hair will be tinged orange...not brown!!! Especially with red ones. I use to use white ones as a dye for materials....even they had a strong orange tone....so beware using it on white/grey hair....unless you like the orange look.:D:ROFLMAO:

Umm... You don't want to go around with a whiff of onions! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Alp, it supposed to be the word, being able. It's this automatic spelling that i get on my phone. I didn't check that it was right. I know you wasn't pulling my leg, I watched the video.

Thanks upsy I won't use it then.

It was so long and I watched another one earlier and it was just pour hot water on it and leave it to stew for 15 minutes and drink it. But subconsciously, I must be trying to forget drinking it. Onion water????

Did drink it. Next time, won't get any bits of onion into it.

Went to remove one compost bins, one of 5 remaining and was sweating as if in summer. The lean-to was stifling.

Need to share my Williamsii x Debbie!
SAM_0278.JPG
SAM_0279.JPG

We are so spoilt here - can load soooo many photos before the red angry message flares up! Count your blessings, guys!

Is his Debbie? Or Abbey?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp they are gorgeous. Thinking about it i don't want to smell of onions. I'd be careful drinking it before bed, it might give you indigestion.

Yes it's warmed up nicely.

I planted these polyanthus a few days ago. I'm so pleased i'm going to sow a lot more.
IMG_20180405_122134.jpg

IMG_20180405_123224.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Awww! How lovely! Yellow is just so zesty!

Your soil is soooo dry!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Corr! Blimey! The sunshine is BLINDING! :eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::LOL:

You can see how lovely the flowers look, especially after the rain. I also have 2 tulips.. The pink and the blue hyacinths are just fantastic together. They really set off each other.

This year, the hyacinths are very happy and they have bulked up.

My tulip which i have just taken and of course, the sun is setting and the flower has closed up shop.
SAM_0389.JPG

My camassi - this one is HUGE!

SAM_0390.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Logan the colour of that blue Hyacinth is simply stunning.

Ventured outside to see lots of slug damage on Daff flowers and the emerging perennials, must be all the rain.. I hoped the cold snaps would have killed them but obviously not. Will be ordering nematodes and lambs wool pellets to mulch with.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
How much is nemoatoes please, Mark? Trouble is I have quite a few patches. One is about 5 foot by 15 and another one 3 by 10 and another one 4 x 60? Will I go bust?

I examined my pots inside as my salvia had a new shoot snapped with silvery trace. I looked for it for days and today I killed the critter with a lot of hate and anger!:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question