Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all and a dryish day. Very mild. Going to be busy, so all take care and have a nice day!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It was really nice working in the garden, but the sun retired a bit early and it turned cold straight away.

Some critters have been eating my peony seeds. What a to do!

Another critter has been helping itself to my first fritillary

SAM_0162.JPG

Some of the so-called BREEDERS' CHOICE, enough to make me cry!
SAM_0211.JPG

Perhaps these are the choices as well!
SAM_0216.JPG

SAM_0219 - Copy.JPG

Some tulips are showing their colours. I hope the slug/snail brigade would stay away!

Attachments

• SAM_0217 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0217 - Copy.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 156
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The slimy critters have been chomping away at my small headed daffs :( so many about with all this wet, wet, wet. The thames is worryingly high..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have quite a bit of lilies from scaled babies. I will definitely try my best. Thank you for the tip, @Zenji .

Yes, Mark. And the rain HASN'T finished with us and you should have seen all the posh cars driving into a deep FORD. These people might be rich, but they seem to be bereft of intelligence!

4AC5BADC00000578-5573075-image-a-39_1522752662876.jpg

Another thing I need advice is what I am going to do with my BREEDERS' CHOICE. They are everywhere and the hellebores are just wish washy. A few dots here and there, no motifs or pattern. I can't bear to throw them away. I feel like chopping their flowers off and digging them up. I have about 20 of them. I feel bad digging them up, but land is at a premium and I have new babies everywhere. This is on top of my killing quite a few of them off. Hard one to call. Any suggestions please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Some of my Snakesheads have been got at.. before they had the chance to bloom:(:cry::mad::arghh:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first. Bought from Farmer Gracey! I think it's incredibly beautiful. But the critter thought the same! I predict an explosion of slugs and snails.. And even though it's going to be warmer, you can't really put things out as the snails and slugs will be chomping away.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp sorry about your slug problem, we've always had that problem. The hellebores still look great. You could sell the ones that you don't want.

We've had april showers today. Fed the roses and started mulching them with compost from the compost bin and used compost.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You could sell the ones that you don't want.

But if I don't like them, how do i expect people buying them to like them? Perhaps, beauty is in the eyes of the beholders. This font is so weak that I have to bold it.

I have put some woodash everywhere. Don't think they will kill the plants. Any way, it's going to rain tonight. We had several nights of bonfire, so quite a few buckets of woodash left.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
But if I don't like them, how do i expect people buying them to like them? Perhaps, beauty is in the eyes of the beholders. This font is so weak that I have to bold it.

I have put some woodash everywhere. Don't think they will kill the plants. Any way, it's going to rain tonight. We had several nights of bonfire, so quite a few buckets of woodash left.
That looks better.Somebody might like them.

The woodash will be alright, it won't hurt them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I will use up one bucket tomorrow. More rain to come and son used a fork to dig hole onto the clay pit called lawn! :eek::eek:

Watching Greece and civilisation and the presenter looks like Bradley Cooper!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
By far the greatest pest we face here is S&S :( no vine weevil in sight, fingers crossed so far. I think Lidl get their compost delivery so I will send my helper there tomorrow with a shopping list. They also do a seed compost this year, I'll be using it for a wildflower tub as it's low in nutrients compared to our heavy clay

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I went to various Lidl and saw different flowers, just like B&Q. Some Lidl displayed Salix Kilmarnock, magnolia whilst others didn't . I wish I had bought the magnolia with a pink flower on. Something's not quite right with me. I am pretty sure the compost is there. Shame you can't go and feast your eyes on the stuff available. I saw one clematis called blue flower and I thought it was a Durandii. But on closer inspection, no. £3.99 seemed reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question