Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the link, @Upsy Daisy

Very happy to see the alstroemeria I bought one or 2 year ago flowering

They nearly didn't make it as I had to uproot them and pot them up. They were growing in the lawn!
SAM_1937.JPG
SAM_1938.JPG
SAM_1939.JPG

Worth the wait. No need again this year! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 46359 View attachment 46360 View attachment 46361 View attachment 46362 View attachment 46363 View attachment 46364 View attachment 46365 View attachment 46366 View attachment 46367 Not a bad day but cold things still flowering for the moment but cold weather forecast for next week ,Flying off to Crete on Tuesday for a week change of scenery and hopefully warmer than here.

You definitely still have a lot of lovely flowers. Mine are all repeats, Same Pinky big dahlias, same Polkas in 3 different places, same Boogie Woogies. And I repotted the cannas after cutting up 2 pots and they are now being crammed in one big pot. Not a single flower now. When they did flower, they were tiny. Glad that you delphinium is flowering again. Love delphinium, especially the tall blue ones.

Good for you! Crete should be nice and warm now:D. Thank you for leaving us behind!:cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Love the Alstroemere @alp, have you got it indoors now?

I potted them up and put them in the hottest place and suddenly saw the buds turn into flower today. I have bought 3 different types. Was too mean to buy the potted plants for £4. Next time, I will buy them reduced or cleared. The £2 alstroemeria are still flowering and I have split them into 2. My best buys so far.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have a very lovely holiday, @Zenj ! Leave us when the cold spell attacks. Can't blame you.

A better looking Pasa Doblé
SAM_1943.JPG

And Salvia Patens
savliaPate.jpg

salviaPatens1.jpg
salviaPatensS.jpg

Very surprised to see this flower
SAM_1941.JPG

Attachments

• salvPPPatents.jpg
    salvPPPatents.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 152
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I planted 15 of those and only I has flowered. This pic was taken back at the end of August, had hoped the others would bloom as they had lots of lush foilage...but nope:(
IMG_20180910_170033.jpg

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I remember they flowered gloriously. Guess how this one has at least 2 buds? I put it next to a dwarf wall where is the sunshine and heat is forever roasting that area! In fact, a long stretch of my garden is like that, south facing and forever heated by the west facing sun. This was where my dahlias gave me seeds which I collected after heavy frost and the transparent sheaths apparently insulated the seeds. The germinated ( Mambo) and I now have Mambo everywhere!

This morning, I saw tons of bees buzzing inebriated among my Salvia Amistad and it was on the same stretch of south facing border with west setting sunshine making the whole stretch very dry and very warm.. It was so pleasing to see so many bees and that I have provided them with so much nectar! Wish I had the money to get a bee unit! They were so happy and the buzzing really lifted my mood. The warmth, sunshine, the bees and the buzz just made it a very heart-warming experience!

Off to bed now! Have a good night everyone!:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, everyone! Very dark and quiet and I'm more relaxed than yesterday as I have already finished mopping the kitchen and the laundry has already started. I wrote something yesterday before 7.30 and had to mow the lawns and scarify them and when I came back, saw my post hadn't been posted. Today, I feel much more relaxed as I have had quite a bit done already.

Britain is to bask in unseasonably warm weather this weekend with highs of 65F (but make the most of it before frost blankets the country next week)
  • Saturday and Sunday promise to be very mild days for time of year, with the mercury set to reach highs of 65F
  • But temperatures will quickly plummet at the start of next week, with forecasters predicting widespread frost
  • Monday will be 53F, before mercury rises in the middle of week and it plummets back down again of Thursday

Source

@Zenj You're very lucky as Monday will be officially cold and today and tomorrow will be balmy again. Shame! Just think about how much money it will cost once the gas central heating kicks into action.

I'm still waiting for my rudbeckia to flower! There is also a new dahlia for this year. A lot of my dahlias have gone awol
    Table Dancer

1013902.jpg

Bishop of LLanduff - no show

They say that next year's flowers won't be so colourful because of the lack of daff bulbs. I doubt it. I have seen the same and usual around. I'm waiting for them to come down in price.

The Home Base in Seven Kings is closing after new year and we saw them putting new pots for sale in the garden area. More job loss after new year!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Went to Hyde Hall today and it was a very good day. When we went there, it was the pumpkin competition weighing in

SAM_0033.JPG
SAM_0034.JPG

UK Squash Record holder!
SAM_0035.JPG
SAM_0036.JPG
SAM_0037.JPG
SAM_0038.JPG

He had to use a tracker and that wasn't the heaviest! Fun!

This is the contemporary Modern Garden. So FROTHY that I wanted to dive into the grass!

SAM_0002.JPG

Symphyotrichum
SAM_0003.JPG
SAM_0004.JPG
SAM_0005.JPG

SAM_0007.JPG
SAM_0008.JPG
SAM_0009.JPG
SAM_0010.JPG
SAM_0011.JPG

The dark kale is mysterious and striking!
SAM_0012.JPG
SAM_0013.JPG

Now here are the real CUPcakes!
SAM_0014.JPG
SAM_0015.JPG
SAM_0016.JPG
SAM_0017.JPG

The CUPS are so pronounced! Even a pink one!

Attachments

• SAM_0006.JPG
    SAM_0006.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 136

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Mother of Pearl which has failed to sparkle for me
SAM_0006.JPG
SAM_0007.JPG
SAM_0008.JPG

All these are in the cottage garden. Corr! Baby, I'm so confused!
SAM_0019.JPG
SAM_0020.JPG
SAM_0021.JPG

Red chard is so striking!
SAM_0024.JPG

A purple dark blue salvia
SAM_0026.JPG
SAM_0027.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question