Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.:D

Well I cautiously opened my eyes this morning to find only a faint thud of a headache......all is good:D(y)

In for another lovely sunny day again, but will need to shut the greenhouse and cold frame tonight as we are expected to hit 2C.

We have just started to put the heating on for a couple of hours in our lounge in the evenings, but apart from sitting in there for the evening we are rarely in the house during the day at the moment. Thankfully our bedroom, kitchen and lounge all get morning sun so it's fine first thing too ......no doubt that will soon change:(

Off to do our first lot of gardening duties at my Dad's in an hours time.....should be fun!

@Zenj have a fabulous holiday and don't forget.......we love pics please!!:D:LOL:

Have a good day, or in @DirtMechanic 's case a good nights sleep:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A lovely day and have dug up and replanted hellebores. A bit late. :cry:

My collection of fruit trees
SAM_0356.JPG
SAM_0357.JPG

There are some more. By the look of it, I will have to move to Wales!
SAM_0355.JPG
SAM_0354.JPG

SAM_0343.JPG
SAM_0344.JPG

First flower of this mixed dahlia - first flower of the year!:eek:
SAM_0347.JPG
SAM_0348.JPG
SAM_0349.JPG

Dahlia
SAM_0350.JPG
SAM_0351.JPG

And toms
SAM_0352.JPG
SAM_0353.JPG

First Tsuki-Yori-No-Shisha of the year!
SAM_0345.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0346.JPG
    SAM_0346.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 177
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Evening everyone.:D
Another gorgeous day, my we are being spoilt:cool:. Mind you it will hit us really hard in a few days time when the temperature takes a tumble!!:cold:

Had a good morning at my Dad's, the lawns were cut, leaves collected ( he has soooo many trees in and around his property) these were shredded and added to the compost along with all grass cuttings.Cleared a shingled area of ground elder ( as best we can) and moved all garden furniture up there as it now gets most of the winter sun.This will now be his winter seating area next to the smaller pond and nearer to the house. This will also allow the lawn to recover from being covered since May by the Gazebo , tables and chairs down by the big pond (y) Started to lift summer bedding and pot up those that can be overwintered in his greenhouses, luckily he has two so we were able to move his lemon tree into the bigger one..Will do another session later in the week.

Back home and enjoyed our dinner in the garden. Then set to work planting out more winter bedding, will be so glad to clear the patio of pots of Wallflowers, Bellis, Primroses , Pansies and Violas at long last.!! Hubs has laid out a new lawn shape design in our orchard area.....and I get to have another planting area!!!!:)(y)

And....my migraine has finally departed, so all in all a great day!:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp, I was under the impression that Hellebores weren't good movers...is this not so?:unsure: I may attempt to move a few of mine then(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy Sounds like a good day. Hellebores resent being moved and might not flower for a while. But my plants were huge and the roots matted into balls. I hope to sell some of them, but by the look of it,I am too late.

More planting areas. You might need some seeds from me! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning and hope @Zenj is safely on his way to his lovely holiday. Hope the cold snap is not going to affect your holiday!

Well, back to terra firma. Need to trim the front lawn and weed the slab pavngs this morning. Might even cement the gaps into the garage. More hellebore splitting.

Headlines from Daily Express! Don't know how my plants are going to cope with this sudden jump in temperatures!

UK weather forecast: Britain set for HALLOWEEN BIG FREEZE as even London braces for SNOW

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be a good day today

upload_2018-10-23_7-4-56.png

After that, all goes downhill!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning :D

Set for another fab day today , wall to wall sunshine until about 5pm....I feel another BBQ coming on!!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Will have to make sure all bedding is planted out today as the night temperature is dropping to 0C on Friday!!:cold::coldfeet:...not liking the sound of that at all:cry:

Lots to do but the days are getting shorter and shorter:eek:.Must get a wiggle on and stop chatting I suppose :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Have a great day, we better make the most of this gorgeous weather!!:)(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning and it's going to be a bit warmer than yesterday. Weeded the lawn yesterday and tidied it up and tidied up some more hellebores.

upload_2018-10-24_6-41-51.png

Yerterday's weather chart was so wrong as we didn't have sun not until 5pm.

Going to tidy up the garden and sort out the hellebores again. Have a nice day, everyone!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is now closed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @alp :), how are things are you almost ready for the estate agent tomorrow??
Another good gardening day's weather today but the best full sunshine is said to be this afternoon so might pop into town this morning.
Finished planting out all the Wallflowers, just a few Bellis and Primulas to go in now. Did start to remove the Zinnias yesterday as the remaining buds won't open now, so will continue with that job later too(y)

Have a great day everyone:D(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question