Canada
My gourds!!
P1050918.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Lol..Hang on let me take a pic of Becky's gourds..

IMG_20181016_143254.jpg

I wish these were investments ..there are even more in the back. Maybe she will turn all of them into art, but I notice it takes quite a while for "inspiration" to strike.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It’s called the sage ,music mostly venue brilliant acoustics We’ve seen Kathrine Jenkins ,Kate Rusby ,And Julie Fowler there,Jake Bugg And Joanna Lumleys on soon so a mix bag of entertainment .

Nice! Can we go in to have a look as tourists or is there a cafe inside please?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah Evening all sure do along with billy cotton band show and Black and white minstrels also remember the dot going when you turned the tele off .

Didn't turn off the dot and very SAD to see the red dot this morning. Blamed my son. No, joking only. It was me watching Evil Twins - truly evil twins! and Channel 66 is my major source of joy!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lol..Hang on let me take a pic of Becky's gourds..

View attachment 46289

I wish these were investments ..there are even more in the back. Maybe she will turn all of them into art, but I notice it takes quite a while for "inspiration" to strike.

Or you can turn them into bird nests... Like John! I am happy that I don't have any squash this year. They were huge and I was sick looking at them. Kept one for months and it didn't taste good. Put some in the freezer and they tasted weird.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Nice! Can we go in to have a look as tourists or is there a cafe inside please?
Yes you can just walk in and it as a cafe and bars sometime they have a music group or folk works playing which is free you can walk over the millennium bridge to the sage from Newcastle Quayside the sage is on the Gateshead side.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Or you can turn them into bird nests... Like John! I am happy that I don't have any squash this year. They were huge and I was sick looking at them. Kept one for months and it didn't taste good. Put some in the freezer and they tasted weird.

Yes Birdhouses, but I am afraid not as functional as @johnny canoe. The gourds at my house come out like Georgia O'keefe
IMG_20181016_182219.jpg

Or like Picasso
IMG_20181016_182233.jpg

Sometimes like A Starry Night
IMG_20181016_182351.jpg

Or wild like Dali

IMG_20181016_182255.jpg

Normal would be nice.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice! Hope Becky strikes new grounds and new seams! She's good enough to come in on her own! I do like the one with a hint of Picasso though!

Good morning. Woken up at 4.41am. This is worrying! Going to tidy up the lean to and water houseplants today!

upload_2018-10-17_6-43-19.png

Lovely gardening weather! A lot will be done!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you can just walk in and it as a cafe and bars sometime they have a music group or folk works playing which is free you can walk over the millennium bridge to the sage from Newcastle Quayside the sage is on the Gateshead side.

Thank you for the heads up! I do like flunky buildings. Went to the University of Nottingham just to see this

images

And took a lot of photos outside the Bull's Ring in Birmingham

images

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!:)

No notifications whatsoever today, so thought nobody was in a chatty mood !!

Ok ( ish ) day today, so might get outside after a quick visit to my sister's ( who am I kidding....they are never quick visits :LOL::ROFLMAO:).

Wonder why I'm not getting alerts??:(

Have a great day :D(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't have @johnny canoe 's gourds notification yesterday either. Was sweetly surprised to see Johnny's prospective bird nests AND DM's colourful artworks! I wonder how they gut the gourds to make a dry nest. Hope Johnny will upload the process!

Such a miserable day! Glad that you could cut the lawn, @Zenj ! Been tidying up the lean to and before that did a laundry round only to see DRIZZLE the WHOLE day!. Non-stop drizzle and I hope it is good for all my cuttings.

A whole day of cleaning. Was thinking of potting all the hellebores up, but after having done 40 pots, I was too overwhelmed to carry on. :banghead::banghead::inpain:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Winter's coming! Temperatures could plunge as low as -1C tonight before Arctic air puts an end to warm October by sweeping across Britain next week
  • Jet stream is being pushed far to the north over Greenland - causing high pressure to build in mid-Atlantic
  • Cold air will sweep across Britain next week after temperatures dip to -1C (30F) in some rural areas tonight
  • It comes after temperatures hit 71F in London yesterday - and Storm Callum hit Britain over the weekend

Gee! I hope they are talking about Scotland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question