Not open for further replies.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
The poo is black and sometimes it's about 1 inch wide and 2inches long. But sometimes it's more runny then it's longer and thin. Just put down some cat food,or you can buy hedgehog food, don't put milk down just water. Have you got a gap under your gate? Some people say they can climb.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have a gate at the end of the garden, just a wall of dust and a metal spring bed frame which I need to hide behind my compost bin. Don't think I have seen anything like that in my garden. Somehow, I think we are too urbanised.

Yes, I must do that. I google everything. Thank you, Logan!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Crumbs! I know it sounds bad! Wonder if anybody can take a pic of hedgehog poos and upload them here. To tell the truth, I don't think I have hedgehogs living here. @Zenji what food do you prepare for them please? I will fast and bought some! LOL!
Just dried cat food like Iams chicken though not fish and as Logan says fresh water near by if hedgehogs are about they will come regular when they know it’s there .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just dried cat food like Iams chicken though not fish and as Logan says fresh water near by if hedgehogs are about they will come regular when they know it’s there .

Will have a look. Where can I buy them cheaply please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Aldi, Wilco some supermarkets do there own brand ,and offers on a regular basis ,When I see a offer I usually buy 4 or 5 packs at a time.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the tip, zenji. Supermarket own brands are usually cheapest. I will keep an eye out. I hope I am not inviting rodents. LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning and it's really very, very cold. Lean to registered a -1. Serious stuff. Wrap up warm, guys.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
On the programmes to watch thread, we were talking about vegetarianism. My brother went vegetarian in 1969, it was because of how they slaughtered animals, even fish. When i was little i wouldn't go in the butchers with my mom because i didn't like the smell, but i still had it with my meals.I couldn't keep chickens to eat, couldn't kill them.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you can get your proteins, it's OK to be vegan. As we get older, we cut down on meats. But I love meats .. one of my pleasures in life! I've found vegan diet a bit restrictive, but everyone to his own. Meats have their own distinctive flavours.

Same here. I hate going to fish markets - wet and smelly. When I looked at the wooden chopping boards, full of historic horrible grime, I have never liked the idea of using a chopping board, I just use my plates to cut everything on.

We were a family of 9 and we kept hens, pigs, cows and had fields and it's hard to feed that many people with vegetables. It's our way of life!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It wasn't the fish i can't remember any. It was the red meat.
Have to use different chopping boards for meat and vegetables, even after washing them.
I haven't cut down on meat,i just don't eat a lot of sausages and bacon.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope all well. Spring seems so close but so far away, at least the snow melted now but I can see rain clouds in the distance, to wet to do much in the garden but for venturing to the GH.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hedgehog feeding stations are also ideal to keep the foxes and cats away from the biscuits. Have a look on youtube, plenty of tutorials folks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question