alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Emorsgate seeds.

Whoa! Never heard of it. Are they on flebay!?

I need to have a look to see if there is anything that I want.

This morning's helping

Am I sad or what? One aster for one plant! Look at @Perki 's masses of helenium. I will definitely buy one.
SAM_1022.JPG

SAM_1025.JPG

I do have masses of echinops, but I like it close up. Finally, I have done something right.

Tree lilies nearly all finished now.
SAM_1027.JPG

I think I have 10 of these flowers - Lovely, no need to water and bang out come 10 flowers!

SAM_1032.JPG

SAM_1033.JPG
SAM_1034.JPG
SAM_1035.JPG
SAM_1037.JPG

Each one as perfect as another! Lovely!

Attachments

• SAM_1036.JPG
    SAM_1036.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 116

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Emorsgate seeds sounds like a posh establishment. Must have given prince charles a lot of goodies and hence the endorsement. Some of the stuff listed there just shows how ignorance I am. I have no idea what they are. Very strange thing. Need to have another look later. Thank you for sharing the name, @Zenj

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely pics @alp......keep saying that I will have a totally white border , but gave up my dream ad other plants popped up in them that weren't wearing the right colour uniform!!:LOL::D

But if they are pretty, I would leave them. Look at @Zenj 's poppy - so beautiful and that's why Monty allowed the red oriental poppies stay in his all white garden.

Me, I have no scheme. Where there is a hole, there is a plant and then when it flowers, I realise why people give me the height of the plant. I am such an idiot. At the moment, yellow Tanz echinacea is shorter than the alstromerias. Chocolate rudbeckia is being hidden by a taller hibiscus!

I have DISASTER tattooed all over my forehead!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have schemes actually IN my garden........only in my head...and dreams :ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:

My garden is ..well how should I put it...Mmmmm:unsure:...more pot luck!!!:LOL::LOL:

I have serious height issues too @alp!!!:)
I always TRY and stagger the height plantings....but will the plants play by the rules?.. No!
I even have Marigolds that must have had tall parents!!!!!:eek:

I always make out that I have planned my higgely piggely garden on PURPOSE ;);)... so sssh ....don't tell anyone otherwise , p!ease keep my secret ;)(y):LOL:.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Nearly good afternoon all.:) Lovely pics everyone.:)
I have roses that supposed to be tall, but they're not and some take a few years to get to the height that they say. The marigolds under the roses supposed to be shorter than what they are and i don't feed them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
597CC07B-CBAD-4DBC-B849-BB2D25373003.jpeg
94E07175-51C3-4276-AC8E-2CCA2334FF4F.jpeg
6EDDB09C-91FA-42FF-B06C-50FC655A5606.jpeg
AA74EAD3-4ADC-4F7E-947D-92C88E766A9C.jpeg
5F072B61-46E3-4B0F-BA2C-661686E46BCC.jpeg
4E45411A-F6F2-4372-8B6D-62BD327794CA.jpeg
62D00376-94AC-47B7-ACAF-3062839D3D41.jpeg
A bit of a cloudy day with some sun but very warm just finished both lawns makes the gardens look tonnes better here’s a few flowers hydrangea was bought as a very small plant but flowering well o only planted it autumn just gone.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Zenj What are in the 3rd and 4th pic please? You're so lucky to have a wash. Now I am big in hydrangea and I will see if I can get a red one. I like yours. In fact, I love all lacecaps. Chris Beardshaw showcased some lovely plants in the Beechgrove garden and how they made me rewind the iplayer again and again.
kolkwitzia amabilis pink cloud is so beautiful, then he has chimonanthus praecox. Hydrangea aspera subsp. sargentiana really caught my eye. It has very big and tough and rough looking leaves. Apparently can grow up to very tall (that's a no-no for me though!) Very tempting.

Rain makes a lot of difference to the grass. We are very hot here, again! Another ground hog day. The most horrible thing is I have NO new flowers! Just a few dahlias showing buds. Even I am bored with my own pics!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I actually think I am correct as this was one of the few plants left by the previous owner. It's still here.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Same here previous owners left mine growing up the side of the out building was thinking of taken it up and doing a herb garden as it’s a brick raised bed about 8ft by 2ft and 2ft deep !

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't take up a lot of room. You would like your herb garden to be near your kitchen - somewhere sunny, but near the house. We had to go to the middle of the garden to get our rosemary. I made some rosemary oil two years ago. Great to have such a lot of supply of rosemary. Cooking it perfumes the whole house, with the help of some garlic. Friend said the house smelt nice as I was roasting the chicken with tons of the stuff.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Taken from my kitchen door gets sun for nearly all of the day I will be moving the water butt what did you use rosemary oil for! Love rosemary I cut some of the thicker rosemary stems dry the leafs and soak the wood stems in water for an hour so they don’t burn use them as skewers for lamb kebabs
A1AF9DC8-1DB8-4082-900E-6D954C90287D.jpeg
on the bbq tastes amazing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question