United Kingdom
B21F2A34-F488-49BF-8135-BF007A97AA25.jpeg
After waiting nearly 2.5 years my first pond Lilly as opened

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Be careful with your back, i always hold my stomach in when i bend and always stand up for a few seconds and then bend again. If it starts to hurt more stop what you're doing and go back to it another time :)

Our spines wasn't disigned for us to stand up, when we evoled our backs didn't, they stayed the same.:)
I agree with @Logan, if you have a weak spot in your spine @alp then take great care not to aggravate it.(y)

I 've unfortunately had back problems since my early teens and during this time I have accumulated loads of literature on how our spine works for us.

When we humans first appeared on earth we had the same 'C' shaped spines of other primates.....walking on all fours. Gradually humans evolved to walk upright, this led to our spines slowly evolving too. We humans now have an 'S ' shaped spine to help counter the effects of walking on two feet. Our spines are nevertheless still a fairly problematic area though as they still have a huge job supporting our weight and keeping us stable on only two feet. Evolution is such a fascinating subject........but have to admit that I hate the thought of how we humans will evolve in the future...taking less physical excersise ( apart from us gardeners :LOL:) will we even need limbs... as we know them:eek::eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @Upsy Daisy and @Logan ! I feel like playing a part in Handmaids Tale. Tech speak.

I feel so inadequate looking at @Zenj 's toms .. Trusses of them. I was missing your double pink lilies and here they are. Gorgeous - I wish I had something of that colour. Those white lilies are so pretty and clean. Mine has been covered in spots left by beetles. Relieved that they are more or less finished.

How do you get your water lily to flower please, @Zenj ? Any tricks? I have a bowl of it and it just have leaves and nothing else. One day, I saw the water disappear an inch deep.

Was getting rid of some yellowed hellebore leaves. Don't know if it's wise, but that opens up the soil to be watered. Perhaps a bad idea. My left arm has been scratched by the wretched serrated leaves. The things I do for my pet love!

Think I am going to water the plants tonight and tomorrow sit in the dark to see if my visitor comes this way. I will give it some water as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
How do you get your water lily to flower please, @Zenj ? Any tricks? I have a bowl of it and it just have leaves and nothing else. One day, I saw the water disappear an inch deep.

Nothing special it’s probably flowered this year with all the warmth and sun they need at least 5 hours direct sun or more there is 3 flower buds at the moment you get more if you cut them off as soon as they start to fade don’t let them sink back in to the pond or barrel

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning: Too late and missed my friend. It's so cold outside. Yesterday, there were a lot of dark clouds, but still not a drop or even a spit.

Thank you, @Zenj . Need to have a look at the state of the tub. One good thing was that the erythronium bulbs are still alive. Thought they were dead.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gayfeather, first one this year
SAM_0399.JPG

Easter Star?!
SAM_0400.JPG

Cupcake?!
SAM_0401.JPG

Such a disappointment or actually such disappointments with the Easter Star as well!
SAM_0402.JPG

SAM_0403.JPG

SAM_0407.JPG

SAM_0406.JPG

As I needed chicken manure yesterday, I opened the door to the workshop and lo and behold, my neglected love stared at me and said, "Hey, you've forgotten us!" So I had. So sorry. Such a beautiful display!
SAM_0409.JPG
SAM_0411.JPG
SAM_0408.JPG

Some new flowers gone to
https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/what-does-your-garden-look-like-today.5233/page-26

Attachments

• SAM_0410.JPG
    SAM_0410.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Alp and all.
Not so cold this morning, but still dry. Here's the brook or it used to be a brook.
IMG_20180717_101736.jpg

IMG_20180717_101749.jpg

Lovely flowers Alp did you collect seeds from last year cupcakes? It could be that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!!:)

Shame you didn't catch a glimpse of your prickly friend @alp, as I said ours are very elusive too ...only our neighbours have spotted it/ them :(

Gorgeous pics ,especially the last 3....what is it please.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!!:)

Shame you didn't catch a glimpse of your prickly friend @alp, as I said ours are very elusive too ...only our neighbours have spotted it/ them :(

Go pics ,especially the last 3....what is it please.

Thank you!

Some cacti. I never watered them. They were left in the workshop to do their own business. Some died. But these 2 are just what we need to grow. No water. I think I soaked the whole thing once and of course had forgotten all about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mmmm wonder if they would survive if planted out in the garden, definitely what we need.:)(y) Probably would require over wintering .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Is that just the only flower that's out, or are they all the same?

For that plant, they are all the same. Supposed to be like this

upload_2018-7-18_7-47-15.jpeg

or this
upload_2018-7-18_7-47-32.jpeg

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gayfeather.???..Mmmm wonder if that's what I have too. I posted a pic on here recently and asked for an id...didn't get an answer:(:cry:

Took a cutting from one of my Dad's plants...but we have no idea of it's name.:cry:
IMG_20180713_193817_hdr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question