Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
DD5CA1B8-223F-4688-AEB1-4611D638B27E.jpeg
5DCED709-BB2D-4444-BEDF-940C70FD1FC9.jpeg
Need the rain to top up the pond the tadpoles are growing well have 3 hedgehogs coming for there food nightly sometimes two together

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
But I would walk five hundred miles
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to pay a man with a wee grass box
that was missing from my Qualcast mower

Da da da (da da da)
Da da da (da da da)
Da da da dun diddle un diddle un diddle uh da

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Has the vino taken effect already or is it from last night's session? LOL!

BigC: you're very lucky!

@Zenj Lovely photos and your pond is teeming with lives! I am now the proud owner of a tray of lilies. I hope the frog will do its business there. Shame I emptied the last lot onto the border. Sorry, Frog Mother! Sorry! :cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's good news @BigC I hope things go well.
Thanks @Logan

A few significant pics from yesterday
The bar area is comming along, Cockrel will be the new bar mascot, Just a little insect home I made from scrap. My New Zealand fern which I thought I'd lost for sure springs back into life (so so happy about that)..and the little straggly bush flower of which I hard pruned into shape is more prolific and tidy this year.

May12.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

I wouldn't want to be the person sitting underneath the hanging basket. Another form of drinking, I guess! :eek::LOL:

It's now perfect and I hope you don't add any more. I know your urge. But it's very pretty as it is, to me any way. A corner of heaven in Ireland ..Reminds me of the songs from The quiet man! Spirited and rousing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't want to be the person sitting underneath the hanging basket. Another form of drinking, I guess! :eek::LOL:

It's now perfect and I hope you don't add any more. I know your urge. But it's very pretty as it is, to me any way. A corner of heaven in Ireland ..Reminds me of the songs from The quiet man! Spirited and rousing!
Hahaha I know what you mean @alp but it does need the obligatory and traditional hand pulled pump lever and the stools of course then it be done.....Needless to say I'm fairly pleased how its turned out..its brightened up an otherwise dead wall area...Whats more the War Department went along with the whole project...now thats very unusual...she must be cooking something...sneaky...:rolleyes:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Glad that the lone flower gets some satisfaction! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Paying through paypal fine with ebay, few clicks of the mouse and they will look into it, I've had my money back everytime when my parcel doesn't turn up / never sent .

It a lovely sunny day :cool: feels colder in the house than outside. Going to the GH potting some begonia on and other bedding, the begonia this year have been quite disappointing and slow ,its ether to cold / not enough sun or to much sun scorching the leaves :confused:. I fear than one of my cucumbers has got a virus, good job I grow 2, one plant enough for me.

@alp My camassia is blue heaven, they doing well. quamash is one of the smaller variety

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
one plant enough for me
One is never enough @Perki hahahaha
I managed 3 this year they are all still at the prelim. leaf stage but are doing fine.. But then again I only grow the lunchbox size var...a full cuc. is way too much ...I always end up throwing half of the thing out...which is the reasoning behind my madness...as for flavour..IMHO they are every bit as good as their larger counterparts....I would like to grow some beans/peas...in large pots...any advice peeps for an idiots guide on how to....Pak Choi is also on the list

Meanwhile....it all became personal :whistle:

personal.jpg

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Do the blue heavens have seeds, @Perki ? Can we swap something please? The sun is now out and is hot! Going to weed outside, but the lawless are out there extending their glorified shed which is 6m by 7m and now another meter is add to the front.

@BigC That's so chic!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

:singing: Raindrops keep falling on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red
Crying's not for me
:singing: 'Cause, I'm never gonna stop the rain by complaining

Because I'm free
Nothing's worrying me (y)

a full cuc. is way too much ...I always end up throwing half of the thing out..

Scoop the seeds out. Cut it into 1 inch slices and boil them. At least until you can push a toothpick in, but I let mine boil a little longer. Once they cool down, you can give them to the fishes. (y) Well, the ones that are not carnivores, anyway. My plecostamus and guppies love boiled cucumber!! (They are supposed to be willing to eat them raw, but mine didn't like them like that. :()

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Scoop the seeds out. Cut it into 1 inch slices and boil them. At least until you can push a toothpick in, but I let mine boil a little longer. Once they cool down, you can give them to the fishes. (y) Well, the ones that are not carnivores, anyway. My plecostamus and guppies love boiled cucumber!! (They are supposed to be willing to eat them raw, but mine didn't like them like that. :()
Totally fine but I dont keep vegetarians such as Plecs etc..I keep and breed Killifish but have cut down a lot (100 tanks previously) since the grand-kids came along.

That time of year again folks #knackered.

Aeration.jpg

Time for a wee lie down........:sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question