3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No way.... We all love being out and about!!! Kids need to be running about in the fresh air....so do I when I have them!!!:D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:.

OK..that's all ,I'm definitely off now!:)(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all a very still sunny day here will it last ?Perki I use nematoids for slugs and find them very good I don’t use them until late April or early May here use after rain they kill them underground where 95% of them live in a garden.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@BigC, did you ever get your rhubarb-leaf waterfall finished? Last I recall, they kept cracking up on you... :unsure: The dollhouse looks great!! (y)

Kids arrive at 8 . Frantically planning what we can do to keep them occupied.....

:sneaky: ;) You could teach them what "weeds" are!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Really, that's only half a joke. My neighbor's 8 year old grandson helped me pull weeds for about an hour one day. I explained thoroughly which weed we were pulling, and he wound up with a huge pile of Creeping Charlie!! (y)

I told him he was a budding gardener. :D

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Mulched some of the roses, to finish them i've got to empty the compost bin for more compost.

Put all the pot marigolds into the greenhouse, covered them with fleece so the slugs and snails won't get to them. I can start hardening them off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh definitely @marlingardener, they love all aspects of gardening.:):)
Today however is has been nonstop rain and as we are clay based and have had loads of rain lately...the garden is unworkable at the moment for small hands:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Zenji You're very lucky. I will have absolutely no sunshine for the whole day. Are there different brands of nematoes. Apparently
they love all aspects of gardening.:):)

You two make me laugh so much! Good for you, @MaryMary What a nice way to start gardening ... and be called a budding gardener! LOL!

Son cleaned the rest of the tiles in the lean to and we are up to the back bedroom and tomorrow we can sort out the garden or the other two bedrooms. Wednesday seems to be another day of deluge. I am now suffering from the nightmare of living in the SW or NE or Ireland instead of in Essex. Rain, rain, rain every day. Please, rain, go away!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC, did you ever get your rhubarb-leaf waterfall finished? Last I recall, they kept cracking up on you... :unsure: The dollhouse looks great!! (y)
many thanks Mary...Ah the Rhubarb leaf..well Yes and No really..I got the leaf from a friends garden whose mother has since passed away..(and I didn't think it apt to go round asking for some more).the the stone leaf turned out not to bad considering but the mix was wrong again and I want to try with plasticiser in the mix (its a work in progress shall we say..and besides I've purchased my very own Rhubarb Crown, so plenty of practice afoot..:)

20180409_172354.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This evening I put my small chilli peppers out into the greenhouse in the warm evening sun (yes your heard correctly...SUN) hahahahaha...but I shall bring them in at night fall and put them out again in the morning all being well...Tomatoes are doing well as are the Strawberries (no pic sorry)..Hopefully the weather for Ducks is passing.....
I've done something this year maybe I shouldn't have done...call me lazy...In my old spent tomato plant containers from last year I am using the same soil/compost...well 2/3 of it anyway...but before I planted I topped them up with fresh compost and charged them with tomato feed and Epsom Salt...do you think this is ok or would you not advocate such practices..
Interested to hear your thoughts...Regards C

first sun.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Your lawn looks amazing, ours has moss in it, it's just moss in a lot of places.
Get through it..go through all the processes aeration, scarification, resoil, sowing and feeding..honestly you'll be glad you did...it will look a total mess to begin with but golly how things change in time...Honestly give it a go..I'm glad I did..lots of graft but well worth the effort.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
(yes your heard correctly...SUN) hahahahaha...but I shall bring them in at night fall and put them out again in the morning all being well...

OK, don't rub the salt into the wound. LOL! Fair enough! You've suffered such a lot! I couldn't see any shadow today and yet your plant throws out a shadow! Call the police! Something abnormal has happened! LOL!

Joking apart, your plants always look good, despite being farmed in Ireland!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Joking apart, your plants always look good, despite being farmed in Ireland!
Hahaha I suppose I moan about things a lot, thats because I like to sit outside and enjoy my garden with a glass of vino, knowing that all the pruning feeding etc etc has been practically done..soak up a few rays and relax...I should be careful what I wish for as maybe just maybe everything will go beserk and grow like crazy..hahaha...Even my wife says there are two things she dont like about me one is I dont listen to her and the other is something else she keeps banging on about hahahahahaha

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm here @alp ....now come on @BigC, don't leave us hanging!!! Explain yourself please, in good old English....or Irish!!:)(y)
What is your Better Half ' banging on about...unless it's censored!!!:shame::shame::shame::muted:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
banging on about...unless it's censored!!!:shame::shame::shame::muted:

Exactly!

It's been such a cold day. 10c outside. not a ray of sunshine. So you've not missed much, @Upsy Daisy !

Whole day preparing the house. Tomorrow for the gardening. Apparently, I will have a sunny day tomorrow. Hope you have the same. It's the cold that I don't like.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Come on @BigC, we're waiting ,what's the 2nd thing that you ...do.?...say.?...don't do..?..don't say...? smell like?... don't smell like? that causes your poor wife this distress.

The list could be endless ...;)

@alp and I have ways of extracting information out of people ......so its in your best interest to ' tell all' ;);):angelic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question