Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning !
Well we are suppose to be in for a day of mixed weather with a hint of sunshine at around 4 o'clock this afternoon...but... I do detect a glimpse of it now behind the clouds....how exciting is that!!!!:):)

Might have to pot on my Zinnias today as they have grown so tall ( well, to be more honest...leggy!) that I fear they will topple over. At the moment they look like they should be growing next to the Leaning Tower of Pisa!!!!

As I post this it has now suddenly turned decidedly greyer out there:( (I'm not the quickest at typing these posts:D:ROFLMAO:...have I missed summer whilst doing this one!!!:LOL:)

Have a great day doing whatever you plan to do:)(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Soooooo beautiful @alp...they are gorgeous!!!!:):)

Also like to 2nd your thanks to everyone who runs the forum, fantastic job ,you are all true stars!!:):)(y)(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
have I missed summer whilst doing this one!!!:LOL:)

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Thank you for the kind words.

Well, I haven't missed as I haven't GOT it! Did a lot this morning. mopped the kitchen floor, defrosted the freezer (what a mess!) and got the clothes out of the washing machine and another lot went in, but had no idea when to hang them until lunch time. Now the air is impregnated with moisture. ..

Now up to the big bedroom.. and small bedroom and what not. Can't do the garden as it is too slippery ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Are you having a massive sort out in readiness for moving??

I dread having to do my brother's place.....I think his move could be within the next month.....keep putting it off , dreading it:eek:. We keep dropping him hints to make a start....but now the Commonwealth Games are on!!!!!! So it is probably going to be down to us to get it done.......and his garage:eek::eek: !!!!!!!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
As soon as we put our last house up for sale, we started putting all the things that we didn't use into boxes. Also tried to keep the house tidy and clean. They say should have the smell of coffee or the smell of bread. We just got a plug in air freshener. Of course we didn't have the boys then.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all
Yes @alp 5cpouring down back to the norm yesterday real feel 16c as the song goes what a difference a day makes

At least, you had yesterday to rub the salt in! LOL!

Yesterday, I was freezing.

Today, the airs are killing me. I don't know what I am doing - shutting, opening and shutting and opening the windows.. My heart rains deluge!

Massive clearout. I am to throw away 3 bags of stuff every week. I'm going outside as I am coughing ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
As soon as we put our last house up for sale, we started putting all the things that we didn't use into boxes. Also tried to keep the house tidy and clean. They say should have the smell of coffee or the smell of bread. We just got a plug in air freshener. Of course we didn't have the boys then.

LOL! I am still a long way to that.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Are you having a massive sort out in readiness for moving??

I dread having to do my brother's place.....I think his move could be within the next month.....keep putting it off , dreading it:eek:. We keep dropping him hints to make a start....but now the Commonwealth Games are on!!!!!! So it is probably going to be down to us to get it done.......and his garage:eek::eek: !!!!!!!

I wish I lived near you to help! I know the trauma, too well .. with a hoarder like me.... Numerous bags of seeds collected with no names.. Sometimes, I confused them with dirt! LOL! Ooops .

Off now as my clothes need to go out. Have a lovely day, guys!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It raining, I am sure somebody sent it my way :cautious: ;). The garden looking happier and the daffs are starting to flower :), the lawn not brown anymore after top dressing.

My mother moved house a few years ago now, she didn't want to move but couldn't afford to live there anymore. She didn't start packing till Tuesday or later had to be out on the Friday 5-6 bedroom house and she a hoarder. What absolute nightmare that was , it took another 4-5 days no stop to clear the house, and all because she didn't pack soon enough. So everything she hasn't got / can't find is now my fault or my dad :rolleyes: . Very wise being prepared Alp even if your not moving right away.

I got lots of seeds to prick out / sow and plants to pot on, looks like I be in the GH most of the day.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Perki At least you had a lovely Monday. Here the reported 15 never materlise today and it's grey and dull. My washing is out.

4 -5 days? You must have very good helpers. Yes, we are going to have a serious purge.

Went out to have a look and saw what I thought was camassi to be something else. Something fritillary black towers.
SAM_0285.JPG

And the fritillary imperalis are also covered with slugs and snails and some poo from lily beetles. I am under attack on several fronts. :eek:

SAM_0281.JPG

My bargain buy £2.99 salix Kilmarnock
SAM_0282.JPG

Camellia Brushfield ?
SAM_0283.JPG

Primula drumstick. Like Perki's candelabra though
SAM_0286.JPG
SAM_0287.JPG

A hanging basket with only 2 plants vinca atropurpuream and primrose.
SAM_0288.JPG

Clematis macropelata bought for £2 last year. Only has a very short flowering period.
SAM_0284.JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm reading up on HYDROPONIC NUTRIENTS...very very very interesting :)

You're going to tease gardeners with a line like that? :cautious: o_O C'mon, man, do tell!! :LOL:

I have seen great results in growth production using Hydroponic Nutrients and I may trial a couple of Apache chillis using this method just to see the difference in size, leaf, colour, flower and fruit production.

If you do, would you be willing to start a thread (with pictures!) (I love pictures!) showing your method and results? :unsure: :notworthy: It's a subject I don't know very much about, and I am ever curious. :geek:

@DirtMechanic has requested a separate forum for hydroponics, but as yet, the forum doesn't really have a demand for it. If there are more threads on it, more search engines will find it, so more people might find the forum looking for it, so the forum (possibly) could become more active, and he might get the forum he wants. :unsure: (I think that's how it works.)

If nothing else, his wanting the forum leads me to believe he might have some helpful advice for you, and... and... I'll get to read it all!! :D :sneaky: :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

They say should have the smell of coffee or the smell of bread. We just got a plug in air freshener.

I've always heard that when selling a house, it should have the smell of baking cookies! (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just home my brother's, have sorted out his meds for the whole week, so can relax a bit now:)

The greenhouse is beckoning me, so off to pot up and sow some more seeds.:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question