3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes thankfully haven't missed out on a good day's gardening have I :)(y)

:cry::cry: Sadly we have rain for most of the day tomorrow too:(
Wednesday is supposed to be fairly good ,so we may take my older sis to an NT property not far away ..she hasn't been to it :)(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Now @BigC might disappear for another 6 months! LOL!

I saw Perki's All Gold in Wilko and was tempted. Wonder what it tastes like. Must sow some more tomato seeds tomorrow. A very sad year for seeds for me!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm laughing so much that tears are welling up too!

Don't forget your duty, to... the flowers!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Get through it..go through all the processes aeration, scarification, resoil, sowing and feeding..honestly you'll be glad you did...it will look a total mess to begin with but golly how things change in time...Honestly give it a go..I'm glad I did..lots of graft but well worth the effort.
Thanks for the advice, i don't have the time to do it and hubby's not bothered these days, but slowly i'm digging it up and putting plants in it's place.:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well it been a glorious sunny day :cool: t shirt weather, I even caught up a bit on my sun tan :p had frost this morning but soon warm up.
Just been over the lawn again with the rake after over seeding, quick trim of a little spirea, a browse around the GH and watering. I think might have lost a delphinium and both agastache black adders, the ensete maurii not looking so good either :cry: I thought the lobelia tupa would of been seen of by the cold but it looks like it the slugs trying now.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well it been a glorious sunny day :cool: t shirt weather, I even caught up a bit on my sun tan :p had frost this morning but soon warm up.

I detect a note of cruelty on your part, @Perki ! LOL! Can't blame you. The other day, you had snow! SNOW!

All my lobelias are still intact. Not so sure about Gaura white though.

Not very good video and I reckon you lot will be bored stiff watching this. Do use a faster speed .. A bit chaotic. I prefer still photos ..

youtu.be/Ubal6yhKlMA

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a grey, dull, damp, denk Essex drizzly morning. Another half day of misery. The washing machine is chomping away and hopefully by 11, there will be something more promising. I try to look on the brightest side of things!

Lean to is clean but the tiles are so cold. Mama mia! I should have stuck to lynl. :cry::cry:

Today, I will seed courgettes, melon, aubretia (ah, again?!:eek::cry:) and check on my salad and Scotch bonnet if I can find the seeds. I am amazed at the pot size @BigC is using. Have you tended to your beautiful flower, @BigC ! You will have a earful from us mother hens if you don't! :LOL::muted:

Saw the weather condition in NE, and Zenji is in for a miserable day! Crying for you, @Zenji :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all...
and Scotch bonnet if I can find the seeds. I am amazed at the pot size @BigC is using.
You mean for the chillis :) Those are the final pots for the small bush types such as Prairie Fire and Apache...Scotch Bonnet will be a much larger pot as will the bigger tubs for the Reapers and the Bhut jolokia etc. I have seen great results in growth production using Hydroponic Nutrients and I may trial a couple of Apache chillis using this method just to see the difference in size, leaf, colour, flower and fruit production. Well thats the plan.
Regards C

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp vinyl isn't very hard-wearing. We've got it in the kitchen, some of the top layer has been scratched by Barley when he's been running around excited when we go out. Keith's floor has holes in it when he had his freezer changed. Although it might not have been put down right in the first place.

It's raining here,it was just starting to dry up.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Misadventure of the exciting sort! Can't imagine a white girl winning eating the hottest chillis in the world. I mean it's like a pyramid, not just eating ONE!

Camellias from BQ. Well chuffed as at least I know it is NOT a Silver Anniversary!
SAM_0395.JPG

SAM_0396.JPG

Thank you to the unsung heroes who see to the smooth day-to-day running of this forum.. A fantastic site - with brilliant features ..

Thank you soooo much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question