Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a very grey and dull day.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Put some washing on, had to ask hubby to get the car out the garage, so i can get outside. Usually he leaves it in on a Sunday, also going to put some of my small plants in the small lean-to greenhouse, I want to make room in the concervatory to pot on the cucumbers into their final pots. Nearly time to plant out the parsnips.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
19p for parsnips, so I don't bother! Cleaned 1/6 of the floor tiles in the lean to. Hard work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly , and I know they taste best fresh, I don't bother now with certain things. Since our brood left home ,the last one 11 yrs ago ,its not worth it for just us two. Use to blanch and freeze knowing that it would all get used relatively quickly with 5 of us around. Don't like having food left for a long time in the freezer, I think it takes on a distinct taste, no matter how well its stored.

Most veg are so cheap now.

Unless I learn to stagger my sowings, otherwise its a case of '' we'll have to eat ' so and so' for the next few weeks as they ready now!!:D:ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, food doesn't taste the same frozen. I tried to freeze my white and green marbled squash and found out that it tastes foul. I still have one hanging around. From now on, I will eat them young. No more huge squash for me as they don't taste the same as fresh.

Most of my flower seeds go south and so does my mood. I will definitely sow some courgettes and melon again. Look at this weather, how do you expect melon to grow??? It seems to be I don't learn.

19p leek, 19p carrots, 19p onions and I have now come to love shallots.. Thanks to competition.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning peeps....Fairly mild here today, no sunshine like yesterday, heavy cloud so I guess someone will turn on the water tap at some point :)
I'm going to put all my chilli pepper seeds into soil today...I was reading a little last night and quite a few didn't advocate the paper towel germination methods least of all Smokin Ed.of California Reaper fame...So I've decided to go with just potting them up and see what comes or goes...Whatever I get I'll go with....Although full germination would be nice...After my customary Sunday Morning Fry Up I think I might just head in the other direction today to a garden centre I've only visited the once in the past..its pretty local..Just for a look see I might add lol...I dont think I need much else this season except Acer gresium...yeah I have to get me one of those after seeing a pair in someone's garden on my travels. Perhaps have to order this one as its not common around these parts and I imagine pretty expensive...I think the missus is a little fed up with this weather also...she's just booked us a holiday in Sorrento Italy....so there's that to look forward too...Regards C

Reactions: alp

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
19p for parsnips, so I don't bother! Cleaned 1/6 of the floor tiles in the lean to. Hard work.
Yes i know they're cheap to buy, but they're so much better grown myself. They keep well in the ground.

Squash doesn't freeze well, same as strawberries.

I wouldn't plant courgettes out until end of may.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
After breakfast I set about transferring my Chilli seeds into soil...the full accompaniment includes
  1. Carolina Reaper
  2. Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
  3. Bhut jolokia
  4. Habanero (orange)
  5. Hot Paper Lantern
  6. Birds Eye (Thai)
  7. Prairie Fire
I also have, as plantlets, Scotch Bonnet and Apache
I said to myself that I wasn't going to do a whole lot this year but I've kinda got carried away again.
As you can see quite an array this year, how successful I'll be remains to be seen, but this ChilliHead Novice is willing to give it a go...Last year was my first year and I did get to make a sauce which I candidly named the WIDOWMAKER hahahaha...and yes it was HOT HOT..even cooking the ingredients I really should have donned an inhaler mask and white chemical suit :)..but anyway lets see what this year produces, lets see if I've learnt anything.

Chilli's in soil 1.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My Scotch Bonnet chilli seedlings have died. :cry:

Italian gardens are so beautiful. If you have seen the series on Italian gardens, you will find them must-sees. Nice break to look forward to.

Been cleaning the lean to. So tired and not very nice when I can't bend my knee or squat.

For me, Acer palmatum dissectum green or red. Love them soooo them.

@Perki Nice to have a bike. MOT should be a breeze. I don't even want to think about my car. Always something to do. Road Tax and then insurance in May ..:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
86'F in Greenhouse today not bad two days running above eighty...but I'm not tempted just yet to put anything out...Tomatoes look ok and Strawberry plants in hanging baskets look healthy also. I cant wait to see it like a jungle once more...I'm really really stoked about having some large bush peppers in there and the fruit ripening from green through red..I'm super excited.....I hope my lucky Green Man finial is watching over proceedings

Green Man.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question