2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I left pots soaking in the sink overnight and there they still sit! @alp I too am having a casual day :)

@Logan - I think there is something wrong with your zone information. I did't think there was anywhere in the UK under 7... not sure.... anyway, if I was in a 1a, I'd probably only garden indoors.

I'm hoping it won't be too hard to get a bag of potting soil out of one of the little greenhouses. I used the last of the bag I had inside yesterday. I only had enough left to make about 30 soil blocks which were immediately used for onions and a pot for basil (yes, finally got around to that) and I've got to get production going. My hot peppers need to be started pronto!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I left pots soaking in the sink overnight and there they still sit! @alp I too am having a casual day :)

@Logan - I think there is something wrong with your zone information. I did't think there was anywhere in the UK under 7... not sure.... anyway, if I was in a 1a, I'd probably only garden indoors.

I'm hoping it won't be too hard to get a bag of potting soil out of one of the little greenhouses. I used the last of the bag I had inside yesterday. I only had enough left to make about 30 soil blocks which were immediately used for onions and a pot for basil (yes, finally got around to that) and I've got to get production going. My hot peppers need to be started pronto!

Crikey! Some action woman in you. I must remember this when I want to sit down and watch True Crimes..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
uk_zonemap.gif

@Logan I had to look mine up too. I still don't know what yours would be as I don't know the geography of your island. I still think your growing zone must be A1 compared to mine! Found this map. Hopefully it will help.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lori: That's a brilliant map, so mine is that yellow blob around London! In between 9a /9b!

Thank you.

Good morning to everyone. Rubbish day today. What a relief! I hate having rubbish in the house. I have to keep the food waste /bones outside in an incinerator to stop rats/foxes tearing up the bags. So glad that I can get rid of them today. Not raining now. But today, I might have snow.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

Thank heavens! I thought you weren't up!

A very good morning to you, Logan and whoever comes in later. Very dark and miserable day! And probably a much colder one than yesterday.

I spent nearly the whole day yesterday outside. Trimmed away all the dead stalks.. Wondered if I should have done that as trimming away the dead stalks exposed more to the cold... But they really looked messy, so out came the secateurs. Weed certain areas as well and hope my Cobaea scandens will come up again. But don't hold your breath as they are very tender!

A stock pic

upload_2017-12-27_7-10-8.jpeg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes i was up, just late in posting.:D
That cobaea is a suprise. It's ok to trim dead things back,i did my anemones last week.
I'll do the helebores sometime, usually i don't get round to doing them, there's so many.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes i was up, just late in posting.:D
That cobaea is a suprise. It's ok to trim dead things back,i did my anemones last week.
I'll do the helebores sometime, usually i don't get round to doing them, there's so many.:)

What are you going to do with your hellebores, Logan?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, we have a dusting of fine snow ( in patches).......need a lot more to make a snowman:grumpy:

Lovely pic @alp ........you were very good doing gardening on Boxing Day!! :angelic: That is true dedication!!!

I'm ashamed to admit we aren't really doing that much, mainly catching up on all the news from our boys.:shame: But will have to flick the duster round at some point today as we have the rest of the family coming over tomorrow, don't think that I can get away with saying ' they are hanging decorations.......not cobweds:hilarious: !!
Have a lovely day , keep warm:joyful:

Ask a Question