2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Happy Christmas Eve Day!

Just got back from a champagne and orange juice get together. They had giant shrimp and all sorts of lovely things to eat too. :)

One more get together to attend today and then it is staying in and watching cheesy Christmas movies :)

almost forgot to mention that all of my romaine have sprouted - Yippee - that's the best Christmas gift yet!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's what worries me @alp ........viruses spread like wildfire once they are on your computer and then go on to infest others that you communicate with as well........so scary :eek:

That happened to me once. The infested email all the way from Hong Kong. :eek::eek:. Can't even remember how I got rid of it. Quite a fright.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey - Sprouting Romaine lettuce? in winter! Amazing! Well done, Lori. I'm off to do some exercises and watch some murder mentality .. Had a busy day washing pots and removing trays.. Might start the propagator going then the temperature dips to 8c.. Just so that I could take dahlia cuttings as early as possible.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I really like Romaine lettuce.. Much better than the round ones. Well done!

Today, I was thinking of moving the seed tray to outside; suddenly, I saw some seedlings in one tiny corners. So thrilled. I will hang onto to it and see how they fare..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp there has been alerts out about ecoli being found in store bought romaine lettuce. I'm using a little led light to lengthen the day a bit. I don't keep the house too warm so they will hopefully be happy.

Can washing get rid of E coli?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning and Merry Christmas to all.. It's mild and we are going to have salmon, homemade bread, smoked prosciutto ham, for lunch and duck, pork and a pastry cake for dinner.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning and Merry Christmas to all.. It's mild and we are going to have salmon, homemade bread, smoked prosciutto ham, for lunch and duck, pork and a pastry cake for dinner.
Happy Christmas all,@alp and all.
Just going to put the turkey in,it will take 4 hours.
IMG_20171224_121546.jpg

IMG_20171224_122024.jpg

This is extra stuffing that i'll put in freezer for rest of year.
IMG_20171224_122552.jpg

Put the sparkling wine in the fridge.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, turkey that size takes a long time. I am wondering whether to do light lunch or light dinner. That's a big bird! I refuse to buy any wine. Guess someone will bring one along. I won't buy it. Might bring the flowering orchid in the for the day. It's so beautiful. Tucked in a corner in the lean to and with 2 lovely flowers..

I will roast my duck breast down to keep the moisture in. Guess you can't turn your big bird!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, turkey that size takes a long time. I am wondering whether to do light lunch or light dinner. That's a big bird! I refuse to buy any wine. Guess someone will bring one along. I won't buy it. Might bring the flowering orchid in the for the day. It's so beautiful. Tucked in a corner in the lean to and with 2 lovely flowers..

I will roast my duck breast down to keep the moisture in. Guess you can't turn your big bird!
I could turn it, have done before, but it will be alright. Yours sounds yummy. Just cooking the cranberries for Christmas pudding with cream.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a cranberry condiment and yet I have no idea where it is! :eek::eek::eek:

How hopeless I am! Every day is a miserable day, weather-wise, apart from tomorrow. Please upload your food pics on your thread..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I mean cooked! I will upload mine if I am not too hungry and forget!:eek:

It does happen!:D:LOL:

Ask a Question