2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Good morning everyone
I have just finished watering all of my indoor plants and inspecting them for further spider damage. I will keep spraying them with neem oil. Now sitting with my cup of tea I am looking out the back and see that about 10 inches of snow fell.

It is very quiet out there and and in the house too. My grandson who is staying here for a few days is 19 and you know that they sleep in forever. Wish I could still do that !

@alp, what is pastry cake? Sounds yummy.

I plan to have a couple of eggs and toast for breakfast and of course, a slice of Christmas cake for dessert.

I hope everyone is safe and warm and with loved ones.

Merry Christmas!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
But it's OK. Oh, dear! Forgot to upload the tart for Lori.

images

similar to this, but with tons of sugar.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You could have had mine. It was so sweeeeeeeet!

Dinner over, dishwasher all stuffed up. Another wash tonight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, how has the day been for you?

Mine has been brilliant....started off with the odd couple of drinks while prepping the veg this morning+ warm mince pies. Had a lovely natter on the phone with son no.2 .Enjoyed a really yummy Christmas dinner (mostly cooked by hubs) with hubs and sons no.1 and 3. Then we all went over to my Dad's and joined him and my brother and younger sis for the afternoon/ early evening. We had a light finger food buffet there with them, which was lovely too:)

Battled the strong winds and made it home in time to get comfey in time for Eastenders. Time for some mulled wine now:)(y)

Enjoy the remainder of Christmas Day, have fun:LOL:(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all, and especially to Logan who is now keeping me company. Son has gone to his dad's. A whole day in pyjamas!

Nice to hear that you had a lovely Christmas. Your hubby is brilliant.. Get involved in cooking. Thank heavens that he pampered you.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, yesterday was ok, was bloated after eating the dinner and having the pudding straight away, usually have it seperatly. Didn't have anything else until 6 in the evening. Had sandwiches, then the Gateau later. Have the same today, but have the pudding later. Have a good day.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, we were all suffering from gluttony:eek::eek::LOL:!

My overcooked duck. A lovely duck from Asda. Wish I had bought more @£2.50/kg. This bird had a lot of meat. I was lucky to have got it as there were only 2 left, the other one was very small.
SAM_0120.JPG

Should have removed the sticks. Nevertheless, a very meaty bird!

For lunch, we had salmon, smoked prosciutto ham, salami with black truffle, (tiny bits), prawns,
SAM_0115.JPG
SAM_0116.JPG

Ask a Question