2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Heavens were throwing fluffy balls or puffs for half an hour .. Very pretty.. so really can't go out. Besides, the garden is now slippery!

@Logan: so you don't cut off all the big leaves. Old meaning spotted diseased or just too big and last year? Please elaborate.

Upsy: Big day for you tomorrow then! I need to get some salmon, but most of them are farmed and that is not very nice. Would rather go to the sea and catch some mackerels.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Logan: when you say all the leaves, does it the small new leaves as well?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well, everyone is tucked up in bed, so now that I have the ground floor to myself......what am I doing.....housework:joyful: at12:40 am , it's the best time!!! When I get up later it will be lovely and all ready for our family get together.

Sleep well:yawn::yawn:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, everyone is tucked up in bed, so now that I have the ground floor to myself......what am I doing.....housework:joyful: at12:40 am , it's the best time!!! When I get up later it will be lovely and all ready for our family get together.

Sleep well:yawn::yawn:

@Upsy Daisy I hope Christmas and New Year will be over for you soon. Seeing you zipping around worries me. May you have a lovely day today!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to everyone and especially to Logan and boys.. just replaced the hot water bottle in the sunlounge and checked the candle in the lean to. Don't know how much they helped as the cold has been serious. There is a layer of white on the pavement. Sun will be out today. I hope those without power will have it restored soon. Saw this Canadian complained about being stuck in the motorway and she said that this happened all the times in Canada and yet something like this here has plunged the country into a standstill ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have you lot taken any desperate measures to warm up your plants in the winter?

I really hate winter as I always lose plants during winter. Too wet, too cold.. My lean-to is moudy again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning......and what a frosty but pretty one we have !

@alp, please don't worry yourself, I've had a really lovely Christmas.The lead up to it was great fun , as not working this year allowed me to fit in lots of pre Chistmas catch up with friends:)
Visited middle son and girlfriend and got treated to a lovely Lebanese meal out:) . And lastly had our other two boys down for Christmas....sadly they are returning to London on Friday:( Hubs, as usual, has been in charge in the kitchen.......so all in all I've been very spoilt.:)(y).
I usually do a family get together lunch nearer to the New Year, but as sons won't be here then I decided to do it earlier so as to include them.

Have a Terrific Thursday everyone:)

Last edited:

Ask a Question