Your Too Old

Reaction score
Country
United States
I find myself excited dealing with plants.

I have plans on planting our whole cleared off area. My Son said please make a map of your yard and what you plan in the future. He said he looked like a drunk mowing my grass.

This is all well and good seems they are accepting I have a New Hobby.

Then it comes to doing. You find you are about to die why are you doing these projects that you will never see finished?

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Do it if you get enjoyment out of it, it's not hurting anyone else. If you die before it's finished you won't be alive to know it never got finished anyway.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My wife says I'm a Perfectionist. No I'm not I like to do things the best I can.

I've always liked hunting, fishing and trapping and learned all I could from listening and reading.

I call it a New Mission even though it has been years but I'm wanting to learn all I can about the word of God.

This Summer I have really found plants and I'm finding them exciting.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It starts with the legs and then the back, the core and finally the shoulders. I'm not complaining - I can still walk. But what I did in half a day now takes two days. That destroys the schedule and then all the observers start reminder you of the bits you haven't done yet. Oh joy, oh joy - as if I didn't know.! Spring has started.
There are about ten spots where the grass is demonstrating just how fertile the soil is. You would think I would be congratulated but no. What I have learnt and will pass on to you now is "to do one patch at a time". I weed, prune, cart soil, clean up paths and prepare for the next crop. The observers haven't figured that out yet. Then when a crop appears they are shocked and suddenly realize they have been talking too much. LOL for big rockpile.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our Son could never figure why basically I would cut Firewood year round.

Told him like this I'm never in want and I'm not cutting in the snow.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Then it comes to doing. You find you are about to die why are you doing these projects that you will never see finished?
I save young oak trees that pop up in my beds and plant them in hedgerows and odd corners when I am out and about. I expect most to get mowed or chopped, but if one makes it that is my 400 year project successful.

Just saying:-
Your, belonging to you.
You're, abbreviation of you are'

You're never too old to learn.

Ask a Question