Your favorite green bean is.....

Reaction score
Try cooking your greenbeans with bacon; it is the best treat ever. That is how my mom used to cook them for me when I was young and I do this for my kids as well now. It is not as healthy for you, but they do taste good. I always use the french style greenbeans when I make this dish as the beans absorb the grease better.

Yummy!!!! That sounds truly delicious! Do you serve this as a lunch or as dinner? I'd love to try this for breakfast one day, I guess it'd be way healthier than eating hot cakes ;) I'll surely try them this way, thanks for the tip!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
My grandmother always grew bush varieties of green-beans, but I and my father have always favored climbing varieties.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I've tried pole beans (climbing varieties) twice, and had epic fails both times. Now I stick to bush types--Tendergreen, and Tendergreen Improved. We get a good harvest with plenty to eat fresh and lots to freeze. I'd dearly love to have Rattlesnake or Blue Lake in the garden, but it just doesn't work for us.

Reaction score
I am not a big green bean fan BUT I absolutely LOVE the green beans from the Chinese restaraunts!! They are slightly cooked in a sauce and oh my, so good! Whatever kind that is, they are delicious! I do also eat homegrown pole beans that my mother n father n law grow and can themselves. They are good to eat on occasion as well.

Ask a Question