Your day apart from gardening

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Had dinner and took the boys for their last walks.Now sitting down and watching YouTube, hubby is watching his Tec videos and later I'll watch about gardening or goldies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I did the washing this morning, then went out and did the shopping.

"Before I get any praise..."

I should expand on that. We have separate laundry baskets in the bedroom. My wife's clothes are of different fabrics and many are light colours. So she does her own as she uses different programmes for some (and she does the bedding and towels). My clothes are mostly dark. None of what we are presently wearing need ironing, just a few items hung up..
So I just bung all mine in the washing machine, select the correct "eco egg" for that wash, make sure it's on the right programme and turn it on.
Then I went out and did the shopping. On my return the wash had finished so I chucked it all in the tumble drier, took it when it was finished folded it up and put it away. No big deal.

It will change when the weather warms up as I'll be wearing my Ben Sherman shirts occasionally, like when we are allowed to leave the house more frequently. But these need ironing. I don't mind doing that. I'll do half a dozen or more at a time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wife and I went to the Toyota dealership to have 50K service done plus more. tune up, oil change, tires rotated, inside air filter cost almost $1k. that is a lot !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Wife and I went to the Toyota dealership to have 50K service done plus more. tune up, oil change, tires rotated, inside air filter cost almost $1k. that is a lot !

Wow!

My 2005 Honda CRV has done just short of 60,000 now, since we bought it new.

It's past service history has included a couple of sets of tyres. I stopped taking it to the main dealers so for the last five years I've had it serviced by a fellow member of my golf club who has a car servicing garage. There's just him and his son. He comes to the house, takes it away and brings it back.

Two years ago it had a new set of front pads. Last year I had the "big service" which included new rear discs and pads all filters and the brake and clutch fluids changed. This came to the Stirling equivalent of $417.

Reaction score
Country
Greece
So I woke up at 7 AM, fed cats , did the cleaning, watered my plants (of course!!), work, food, chores, and at the end of the day I love spending time in this amazing forum!! I've been looking for this for ages, thank you!! I have lots of plant questions i didn't know i had so thank you!!!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Did some gardening now cooking the dinner then take the boys out. Then come back and eat the dinner do the washing up, then take them out for their last walk then have a sit down and watch YouTube for a bit, that's all i seem to watch these days.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday i was out with barley and he picked up something that he ate, think that it was a bit of bone because it sounded very hard when he was chewing it. Now he has a upset stomach with the runs and been sick a few times, but i know that he'll be alright tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
I donated my shop made rope making machine and approximately 1,200 feet of 2 ply cord to the Boy Scout Council, so today I worked on making another. SandburRanch having rope making equipment is a must. Making a circle in 1/8" arc welding rod with a 1" radii is a challenge without specialized equipment but the plan finally came full circle with un-common equipment.

Attachments

• Rope twisted 7-13-08.jpg
    Rope twisted 7-13-08.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Rope  7-8-08.jpg
    Rope 7-8-08.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Rope Machine parts- 21.JPG
    Rope Machine parts- 21.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 57
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Still recovering from major foot/ankle surgery - into the physical therapy stage now. Got to finish making a balance board for my exercises at home. But was able to prune the shrubs and roses last week. Going to make the marinade for some nice Indian Tandoori Chicken (then use the leftover chicken for that wonderful British dish Chicken Tikka Masala). Going wine tasting this afternoon followed by dinner out which will be a nice change. Having a tree removed from the front lawn on Monday and replaced by something more appropriate. Builders just throw in cheap Maples which soon become a big problem - not on my property! Maybe do a bit more editing on my growing cookbook (nearly 400 recipes so far plus other information). Got my latest batch of Ginger Beer brewing. Anyone around the Columbia Basin/Tri Cities WA area want some Ginger Beer Plant? No, it's not really a plant, it's a culture, but it multiplys so you have to divide and donate or discard some occasionally. Really simple to make and non alcoholic...... unless you make Moscow Mules with it...... Remade some Marmalade yesterday that didn't set, which worked out great. Starting to get stuff ready to go to Hawaii in April. Need to order some new thatch to redo the roof of our Jamaican bar on the back patio - lasted 7 years which is pretty good since we get winds up to 70mph around here sometimes. The wife and cats are up and about, so gotta go make our Lattes and feed the critters now before they come begging (the cats, not the wife). Jake, the jet black male is persistent - and he can stand on his hind feet and reach 43 inches up a wall! But he's a goofball lover boy really. His "smaller" tortoiseshell sister, Gracie, is the vocal one...... And here comes Jake now to hop up on the desk and love me up till I fix breakfast for them. Cats gotta have their Greenies in the morning! At least he's learned not to stand on the keyboard. Now I'm retired, I don't known how I ever found time to go to work.

Ask a Question