Would you keep an indoor plant in your bedroom?

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Plants provide a purpose indoors. We try to keep them in all our rooms since they use up the oxygen and acts as natural filters for the air. It's nice to think that we have free solar air filters in our room that looks so pretty. We often have no room so I've actually hung up a few of our plants. This keeps them away from curious pets, or naughty kittens that like to chew. Also, be aware that some plants are toxic to pets.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Sure as long as they mind their own business :cautious: . Maybe something exotic as it sometimes pretty gets tropical and steamy in there :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yes, the window is south facing. Don't over water them!
My leaves started to wrinkle and one had holes in it, almost looked burnt. I was told the holes were because of too much direct sunlight =. What do you think?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
My leaves started to wrinkle and one had holes in it, almost looked burnt. I was told the holes were because of too much direct sunlight =. What do you think?

I'm no expert on them so can only go on 50+ years of experience.

Ours are in sunlight all day long (and we get quite a lot of sun even though we're in the UK - our 16 solar panels produce almost 4,000 kWh per year) and they've never suffered with wrinkling or holes.

I normally associate the burnt effect on plants with sunburn from getting drops of water on plants and acting as a magnifier. We never allow water to get on to the plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm no expert on them so can only go on 50+ years of experience.

Ours are in sunlight all day long (and we get quite a lot of sun even though we're in the UK - our 16 solar panels produce almost 4,000 kWh per year) and they've never suffered with wrinkling or holes.

I normally associate the burnt effect on plants with sunburn from getting drops of water on plants and acting as a magnifier. We never allow water to get on to the plants.
Hmm-OK :). Thanks! Maybe I'll try another orchid :). Is there a particular type you'd recommend?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 10 pots in my room alone. I have three windows though. I love it. It's relaxing and I find it very homish. If you know what I mean

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a creeping Jenny in my bedroom. If it starts looking droopy, I water it and leave the light on in the bathroom where I temporarily leave the plant. The light perks it up and I put it back on my dresser.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sorry. All the twenty orchids that we have are ones that have been given to us as presents (I've never worked out why they give us orchids!).
It's because you can keep them alive!! ;) (From what I've read, orchids seem incredibly picky!)

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I have large windows in my bedroom, so I have a few plants in there... I love having plants in my private rooms... they bring me peace and tranquility

Ask a Question