Would you keep an indoor plant in your bedroom?

Reaction score
I have a money tree and lucky bamboo plant in my bedroom. I place them near the window where they can get a little sun in the morning. I love having them because I feel the air is cleaner and fresher with plants around. My next project is to buy plants with real air cleaning and radiation fighting abilities.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I love indoor plants and think they are a great idea for someone who lives in an apartment. Luckily I live in a small house and have a small garden to go with it. Inside I have lots of plants and have placed them all over the place in each and every room. orchids look great in a bedroom and cactus's look brilliant in my porch. I tend to move them around from room to room as well to see if they prefer a different place. I do have two flowering plants in my kitchen whereas I would normally want to grow herbs in there.

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
It will depends basically on the air supply that you have in your room, if it's well ventilated, if it has A/C on it. But for the most part if you have an average sized room with good ventilation in it then it shouldn't be a problem to have some plants, just be sure not to have that many because they might end up taking a lot of oxygen that you might need, so one or two plants should be ok. Now if you have a small bedroom with no windows in it then it's not a good idea to have a plant in it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
When I think of indoor plants, I usually think of them being in the drawing room or dining room. I do not ever picture them in a bedroom, although some people may keep some there too. I guess it all comes down to space though. I would think that an indoor plant in a kitchen would be mostly something edible, like herbs, for instance. In homes that I have visited, the indoor plants are mostly in the front part of the house.

I do not have any indoor plants at the moment, but I prefer to see them in the drawing room. Where do you keep your indoor plants?
I'd keep them everywhere If I could! I just have to stick with those tolerant of Medium to low light

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I'm going to go against the flow here.

No, I don't keep plants indoors. I tried to keep a plant in my bedroom but you're literally bringing dirt in the room which does not sound good. Also, since there's not much sun, it gets prone to overwater.

Annnnnd...because my bird gets hungry and likes to take snacks on plants. He chewed right through my dragon fruit seedling :D

Ask a Question