How to grow a lawn + keep a trampoline?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a trampoline in the garden.
I want to put down grass - seeds or buy turf.

Problem: we have a trampoline.
I just can't think how we can keep the trampoline + have grass at the same time.
We have a really small garden. The trampoline takes up a huge space!
The kids use it every single day (no sign of growing out of it - the trampoline as bought last year!)

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I used to have a trampoline. I honestly can't remember if the shade killed off the grass, but I think the solution to that would be to find a shady lawn mix.

Alternatively, if it's in the garden, you could also consider filling in the space under the trampoline with small shade plants that would stay below bounce depth.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Esther Knapicius I can't see how the poor grass could survive their with no direct sunlight - it's a big trampoline - a 10ft one. We bought last year. Other warned - it would last just a week or 2 and then they would abandon (said by other parents)... well it's been 1 year now... my kids still hooked to it and have fight after fight and argument after argument over who's turn it is next!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We have a trampoline in the garden.
I want to put down grass - seeds or buy turf.

Problem: we have a trampoline.
I just can't think how we can keep the trampoline + have grass at the same time.
We have a really small garden. The trampoline takes up a huge space!
The kids use it every single day (no sign of growing out of it - the trampoline as bought last year!)

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

You need patience.

Kids will eventually find another hobby. The small children of the young couple at the back of our house had a trampoline bought for them four years ago, over the past three years, it's gradually "worked its way down the garden," until at the beginning of last year it ended up in the corner next to the back fence. It wasn't used at all last year. "Although we suspect that Fiona 'our' mother fox, might have used it to help her get over the fence to feed her six cubs under our tea-house."

Unless they're teenagers, then encourage them to join a trampoline club and get rid of it..

Grass needs sunlight, there's no real solution for you at the moment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius I can't see how the poor grass could survive their with no direct sunlight - it's a big trampoline - a 10ft one. We bought last year. Other warned - it would last just a week or 2 and then they would abandon (said by other parents)... well it's been 1 year now... my kids still hooked to it and have fight after fight and argument after argument over who's turn it is next!
Well, I could go take a picture of the thing, but there is grass under it. not mowed, tall and lanky Just looked out my window, its grass alright. It also appears to be a 10 foot or more.

Ask a Question