Would you keep an indoor plant in your bedroom?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
When I think of indoor plants, I usually think of them being in the drawing room or dining room. I do not ever picture them in a bedroom, although some people may keep some there too. I guess it all comes down to space though. I would think that an indoor plant in a kitchen would be mostly something edible, like herbs, for instance. In homes that I have visited, the indoor plants are mostly in the front part of the house.

I do not have any indoor plants at the moment, but I prefer to see them in the drawing room. Where do you keep your indoor plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I keep them everywhere:D
In my bedroom, I have a purple shamrock and four african violets. It's really nice to be able to look at lovely plants without leaving bed:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I don't think it is a good idea to keep a plant inside the bedroom. Particularly here in our country which is tropical so you need an electric fan or air conditioner, the pot of plant will contribute to the dust which can irritate persons with allergy. The most we have are plants in the terrace and lanai and also in the living room near the doorway. Besides, plants also need air and the bedroom does not have much of fresh air.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have plants every where. If my bathroom had a window or space I would have plants in there also. I have only been able to grow ferns successfully in the bathroom with a window. I guess it is the humidity in the room that helps the ferns grow so well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
I have plants all over the house except for the bedrooms and bathrooms. The only thing they need is a lighted place and a bit of care :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Currently I am in someone else's home and the only plant they have is a huge basil plant in the window of their kitchen. When I get back home, intend to have plants everywhere. I love plants in the home. They keep the air clean and smelling good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
For me I don't know that I would - our floors are carpeted in our bedroom and the idea of a plant tipping over (we have 2 pets!) and getting water/soil all over the floor doesn't sound like my idea of a good time! In saying that though I've heard of so many health benefits of having plants in your bedroom for your breathing and overall health, so maybe I should consider it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Try a hanging plant or a wall plant. There are planters that you attach to the wall like picture and you plant your plants inside them. Hanging plants work well in apartments also.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have plants wherever there is enough light and room. I keep them in my bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen. When the warmer weather shows up, I will put them outside. I have to put toothpicks in the soil so that my farm cats won't lay in them and kill them.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Indoor plants do not take much space. They are also a welcome distraction to soothe the senses when one views their various hues of green. Another benefit of indoor plants is that they keep the room fresh since plants mop up the CO2 in the air and replenish oxygen levels. So I would keep them in all rooms.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I am a fan of pot gardening. Even though I don't have much skills I plant flower and now flowering plants in pot and keep the post on the terrace and veranda. I have indoor plants in my drawing room and thinking to move some to my bedroom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
We have some pot plants around the house. None in the bedrooms as there's not enough room.

The main ones are kitchen, bathroom and lounge.

Bathroom
P1040878.JPG

Ask a Question