Would you eat these potatoes ?

Reaction score
I have heard of and seen blue potatoes and yes I would eat a blue potato I am always up for trying new things! It would not be the weirdest thing that I have tried.

Reaction score
Yes I think I would eat those blue potatoes and eat them right away at dinner time. I really enjoy mashed potatoes because it's a comfort food. If I saw that these potatoes were on sale I would definitely rush to the grocery store to buy some. It sounds like a fun produce to grow outside too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow..I would eat this blue potatoes in a blink! They look wonderful and I have heard my girlfriend says she loves them. I haven't seen them around in the markets here, but I always keep my eyes out for them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would definitely try it! I've had blue corn before. The color is so pretty that it'd definitely stand out in a dinner setting for sure haha. Now I'm curious about the taste.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Cereus, does blue corn taste like regular corn? Is it really blue? I'd love to try it! It would be fun to make my favorite pasta sauce and add blue corn to it:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I grow a row every year of Russian Blue. 2013 was a good year.

http://www.durgan.org/URL/?NRHSB 5 September 2013 Russian Blue Potato Harvest.
Forty pounds of Russian blue potatoes were collected from eleven plants for 3.6 pounds average per plant.Thirty pounds will be used over the Winter, and ten set aside for seed in 2014.Quality is high and there were few culls. I usually bake in a Dutch oven at 400F for an hour or simply boil.
URL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Cereus, does blue corn taste like regular corn? Is it really blue? I'd love to try it! It would be fun to make my favorite pasta sauce and add blue corn to it:D

For the most part it does with less of a sweet flavor/aftertaste than the normal variety of corn. They really are blue haha, but it's a dark blue almost navy in color. I've normally eaten them in chip form and they pair really well with sweet salsas because of the lack of sweetness in the chips so you get the savory vs sweet flavor opposites a lot better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I still haven't come across these potatoes where I live, but I did see them being used in an episode of Masterchef Australia recently and the dish they were used in was highly praised. I think a lot of the more exciting vegetables just don't exist in South Africa.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I still haven't come across these potatoes where I live, but I did see them being used in an episode of Masterchef Australia recently and the dish they were used in was highly praised. I think a lot of the more exciting vegetables just don't exist in South Africa.

Once I settle down I'll prolly order them online. That's how most people get fancy or exotic varieties these days since online retailers carry tons of variety.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Once I settle down I'll prolly order them online. That's how most people get fancy or exotic varieties these days since online retailers carry tons of variety.

I don't buy much online and have never bought food that way, so I suppose I'll just have to do without these. Besides the only ones I could find online for sale in my country seem to be blue on the outside but yellow inside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b/ 8a
Country
United States
This post gave me such a chuckle. Here's what my boyfriend made me eat. Purple potatoes, turnip, and carrots from the garden. Cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and sea salt. Mashed.

Tasted like .. Existentialism?

That's no filter. No trick of the light. That junk was purple.

Will have to try some of the recipes when we get the purple potatoe harvest in the fall.
image.jpg

Ask a Question