Will be MIA for a little while....Early birthday present......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Tuesday, I went to see my GP about some pains in my upper shoulders and back. He ran an ekg......and things escalated, QUICKLY, to a heart cath....,to a scheduled (Wed) quadruple bypass operation. The aorta on the back side of my heart is 100% blocked, the three on the front of the heart are 80% blocked. At 5' 9", 160 #s and CONSTANTLY active (was "slinging" a sledgehammer the day before), this was a TOTALLY unexpected turn of events. Soooooo, if I permanently disappear from the forum, it will not be by choice.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Don't say that please, David! Praise heavens that it has now been discovered and you will be in good care. Sometimes, even very slim people have this kind of trouble. Glad that you have it spotted so early. Stay away from fatty foods might help.

I am sure you will be OK. After the operation, don't sling any more hammer. Please take extreme care with your body even after a successful operation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
David, a friend of mine had a triple bypass last week and she is doing nicely. I'm sue you'll be okay too. Sending good luck your way and healing vibes to follow.

Hugs from this old Canuck.:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Tuesday, I went to see my GP about some pains in my upper shoulders and back. He ran an ekg......and things escalated, QUICKLY, to a heart cath....,to a scheduled (Wed) quadruple bypass operation. The aorta on the back side of my heart is 100% blocked, the three on the front of the heart are 80% blocked. At 5' 9", 160 #s and CONSTANTLY active (was "slinging" a sledgehammer the day before), this was a TOTALLY unexpected turn of events. Soooooo, if I permanently disappear from the forum, it will not be by choice.
NOT gonna like that post. My prayers and thoughts are with you buddy. I hope and pray it all goes as well as it can and that your recovery is as pain free and as fast as possible. Check in as soon as you can ok?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that @David from Dothan! :cry: That must have been an awful shock, I can't imagine what you and your family must be going through right now. I hope you're in good hands, and we're wishing you all the best for the op on Wednesday. We'll all be thinking of you!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very sorry to hear that David, that must be quite a shock to hear. I am sure we will be seeing you again on this forum in a very short while. It's good that they've got things scheduled so quickly for you, I bet you will be feeling a lot better once this is all out of the way.

Please do keep us posted, we'll be thinking of you!

Ask a Question