Peperomia plant dying

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post all thanks to my Peperomia. It has been growing well but off late the leaves are wilting and yellow. I am in Delhi and it's quite hot here...around 44 Deg centigrade.
I water the plants daily due to the heat.
I have tried placing the plant in the shade to avoid the bright sunlight.
I have attached the picture and it would welcome your advice to help recover the plant.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1494748083097952287042.jpg
    1494748083097952287042.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 1,796
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi, :) yes I agree too much water. Does that pot have drainage holes? Seems a bit small for the plant, from that pic.

Reaction score
Country
India
Thank you.
Yes the pot has drainage holes.
The soil is usually dry and that's why I water it. Let me try watering it every third day or so. And also repot it to a bigger on

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
After a bit of googling it may well be too hot. I went around several sites and the largest number I saw was 80. Mind, thats comfortable, not lethal, temperature, but off the top of my head 43C is about 110F. That means your temperature is 30 degrees F hotter than that plant likes. It may be worth trying to find a cooler place for it, if possible.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post all thanks to my Peperomia. It has been growing well but off late the leaves are wilting and yellow. I am in Delhi and it's quite hot here...around 44 Deg centigrade.
I water the plants daily due to the heat.
I have tried placing the plant in the shade to avoid the bright sunlight.
I have attached the picture and it would welcome your advice to help recover the plant.

Thank you.
I think you should go through this article. I hope this will help.

Also you have a look at this video regarding watermelon peperomia care guide.

Ask a Question