Will be MIA for a little while....Early birthday present......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
UPDATE.......Had the surgery on Nov.28th, sent home on Dec. 4th. (with home health). Stay up , moving around for 2-4 hrs followed by 1-2 hrs rest. Now, for me, here's the "bummer"...........I have never, EVER had to take more than 2 pill bottles to the Dr. when I HAD to go to the doctor.......NOW, I need a wheelbarrow........The heart surgeon said this surgery is so traumatic to the body that EVERYTHING gets out of whack trying to deal with it. Home health said that as recovery progresses, a LOT of these meds will drop off. No cardio rehad until, at least, the 5th week.....no driving for 6 weeks......no NOTHING, basically, for 6 weeks. Drinking a lot of pomegranate and tart cherry juice to, hopefully, speed up the healing process.......VERY thankful to be able to spend another Christmas with the ones I LOVE........
20181208_135647.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
UPDATE.......Had the surgery on Nov.28th, sent home on Dec. 4th. (with home health). Stay up , moving around for 2-4 hrs followed by 1-2 hrs rest. Now, for me, here's the "bummer"...........I have never, EVER had to take more than 2 pill bottles to the Dr. when I HAD to go to the doctor.......NOW, I need a wheelbarrow........The heart surgeon said this surgery is so traumatic to the body that EVERYTHING gets out of whack trying to deal with it. Home health said that as recovery progresses, a LOT of these meds will drop off. No cardio rehad until, at least, the 5th week.....no driving for 6 weeks......no NOTHING, basically, for 6 weeks. Drinking a lot of pomegranate and tart cherry juice to, hopefully, speed up the healing process.......VERY thankful to be able to spend another Christmas with the ones I LOVE........View attachment 47573

David, I am so happy to see your post. Do exactly what the doctors say and we will all be able to enjoy pictures of your garden next summer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Gotta share this INTERESTING "anomaly" that happened while I was in critical care, after surgery. I am TOTALLY deaf, without my hearing aids. When they allowed the Love of my LIFE to come into the unit, I was DEEPLY sedated (I know.......DUH) and, of course, without hearing aids. She said that as she stood over me.....I responded to EVERYTHING she asked me to do......EVERYTIME, without hesitation. Of course I have NO memory of the hours after surgery.........but to realize that heaven sent assurance was sent by those responses to let her troubled spirit KNOW that everything was gonna be alright, DESPITE what I looked like lying in that bed, may not meet what many would call a miracle.......but it was, at the very least.......a micro, personal miracle......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Gotta share this INTERESTING "anomaly" that happened while I was in critical care, after surgery. I am TOTALLY deaf, without my hearing aids. When they allowed the Love of my LIFE to come into the unit, I was DEEPLY sedated (I know.......DUH) and, of course, without hearing aids. She said that as she stood over me.....I responded to EVERYTHING she asked me to do......EVERYTIME, without hesitation. Of course I have NO memory of the hours after surgery.........but to realize that heaven sent assurance was sent by those responses to let her troubled spirit KNOW that everything was gonna be alright, DESPITE what I looked like lying in that bed, may not meet what many would call a miracle.......but it was, at the very least.......a micro, personal miracle......

Its a beautiful thing to hear about. I can almost imagine the joy she must have felt when you first gave her sign that you were ok.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It's OFFICIAL........ALL doctors have cleared me to go back to work.....47 days after quadruple bypass surgery......WITHOUT cardio rehab........It's called Supernatural healing......
Are you sure it is not Manure Magic? I would hope you are not extreme in your physical changes given your unwanted condition.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's OFFICIAL........ALL doctors have cleared me to go back to work.....47 days after quadruple bypass surgery......WITHOUT cardio rehab........It's called Supernatural healing......

Glad that your humour is perfectly intact. But be very careful - nothing strenuous - your offspring and your plants NEED you. Glad that it's all clear, probably all the heavy workout before helps... Good news, David!

Ask a Question