Maybe a Sage, definitely in the Lamiaceae Family, what do you think?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Square stem, opposite leaves, moderately hairy, wide arrow shaped leaves with flat base, textured, some leaves come straight out of the ground, The fragrance reminds me of little bit lavender with a twist of lemon. Does anyone recognize this plant?. I did some searching and did not find such a leaf. But something tells me it is common. It was a volunteer to my garden and i moved it into a pot for the time being. The fragrance is really nice and i would like to keep it.
P1020238.JPG P1020239.JPG P1020241.JPG P1020244.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Can't help any further other than agreeing on the family(y)

You can keep it if you like it :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thanks @zigs i'll certainly keep it but i'd like more information re how to take care of it (other than generic Lamiaceae instructions), where to plant it, plus i am curious. I hope i can keep it alive. Possibly there are people in Texas or Florida who might recognize it...i hope. I think it might be Lemon Balm (accounting for the slight lemony fragrance).

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I did think Lemon Balm when I saw the reticulated leaf pattern but our one is more elliptical in shape than hastate.

Be interesting to see it flower :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
This little plant is a keeper if it will survive in my usda zone 11 climate. I will post a photo here when there are flowers because that should be the last piece of info we need to identify it definitely. I see that Lemon Balm is known to grow in usda zones 4-9b so it might not be comfortable here or maybe people in the US don't know if it grows in zone 11 because they don't have much of zone 11 there. Right now, in the prelude to the rainy season, it is growing heartily. To be continued, i hope...

Ask a Question