Which herbs smell the best?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm with most people here. I just can't get enough mint. From chewing it raw to leaving it for its pleasing scent; it's just a wonderful herb in which to lose yourself.

Reaction score
Get some lemon balm plants, some oregano, basil and mint. I promise your kitchen will smell delicious! I always dry my herbs in the kitchen as well, that add more to the delicious scents.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I have planted mint around some stepping stones as the grass there is patchy so when it is mowed it smells great....high five Razshida,:)(y)
I love the smell of basil but it is short lived whilst the scent of Rosemary is all year round.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have mint in our planter box and I usually get some leaves to crush it in the kitchen. It gives an aroma that would make you feel fresh. I am also thinking of turning it into a car freshener but my apprehension is the aroma might stick in the upholstery of the car. Mint has a nice scent that truly fits the kitchen. As they say, with mint, you can never go wrong in the kitchen.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would go with Chocolate mint scent sweet basil! Just brushing your hands over the chocolate mint leaves or basil was enough for me to enjoy the aroma these two herbs gave out. It depends on your personal preferences, as for my son, his favorites are rosemary and thyme!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My mom grows chocolate mint. It does smell delicious:D I like it very much. My favorite herb is basil, but all mint varieties are wonderful too, I don't think I could imagine my garden without them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Mint and Lemon Balm are probably two of the nicest, although Basil gives off a lovely scent aswell, so maybe all three! :)

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Of all the herbs I use rosemary is the smell I love most. It has a piney smell to it that I find refreshing to it. I like to put bits of it in the kitchen just so it can give off the smell.

Reaction score
Cilantro is my favorite herb. It smells fresh and citrusy and it goes great with many Mexican dishes. Mint is the next runner up for me; I love just about everything with mint in it.

I love cilantro! My future MIL can't stand it, but I lve it. I love to add it raw to dishes like guacamole and such, also to sauces and some soups. It's such a useful little herb!

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I am good with rosemary. I love the minty taste and often put it in my fridge for a fresh scent. I cook a lot with the herb and can attest to its medicinal value.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Tried some rosemary? I love rosemary and grow it in a pot at the back. You might want to try it out too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I love the smell of lemon balm too. My aunt just gave me a plant for my garden. I brought it on the plane all the way from Vancouver. I also love the smell of coriander. It's such a fresh smelling herb. And of course mint.

Reaction score
Rosemary for me! I love it on jacket potato or in tomato sauce. Rosemary is not a grow-it-yourself fast kind of a plant, like basil or cress, but if you buy a few in the supermarket it can give some Mediterranean taste to your cuisine.

Ask a Question