Where to buy international seeds?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Um..... do you mean buy FROM India, SELL/IMPORT to India? You will need to buy (or sell) them through established, licensed businesses. Most if not all countries strictly control the import and export of plant material, to prevent diseases and invasive species. It requires import and/or export licenses and inspections. Attempting to do so illegally, even in small amount in person or mail, etc. is a punishable offense.

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India
Um..... do you mean buy FROM India, SELL/IMPORT to India? You will need to buy (or sell) them through established, licensed businesses. Most if not all countries strictly control the import and export of plant material, to prevent diseases and invasive species. It requires import and/or export licenses and inspections. Attempting to do so illegally, even in small amount in person or mail, etc. is a punishable offenI

Um..... do you mean buy FROM India, SELL/IMPORT to India? You will need to buy (or sell) them through established, licensed businesses. Most if not all countries strictly control the import and export of plant material, to prevent diseases and invasive species. It requires import and/or export licenses and inspections. Attempting to do so illegally, even in small amount in person or mail, etc. is a punishable offense.
I mean't to import. Yes, I agree with import customs. Looking for international shipping sites. If any one from India has bought by any chance, I would like to know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm still not clear what you mean. So are you looking for Indian people, living here, who have purchased imported Indian plants or seeds? I think you would have more luck asking if anyone has been able to purchase specific seeds and where they got them (Ghost peppers, for example.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've ordered from Plant World Seeds. I will recommend them cautiously, with some caveats. The first is the common complaint of all seed purchases, while the second is an unusual circumstance that I have not previously encountered.

1). Overall, I have mixed results. Some seeds germinated, some never did. Of course, at that point, fingers may be pointed in all directions. Were the seeds unviable or did I not give the seed all proper treatments and care. In fairness, it may likely be some of both.

2). However, I also had two types of seed from Plant World come up, but only as fully cleistogamously flowering plants. Cleistogamous flowers are small and do not fully open. While interesting in their own right, the flowers are not showy and do not attract pollinators. If you want plants for ornamental or ecological reasons, ceistogamous plants are not preferred. This suggested to me that they or their sources may have selected seed only from cleistogamous plants. Cleistogamous selfed seed may be easier to get, as their is little uncertainty about pollination, but as I said before, it does not produce the quality plants one expects.
The two species in question were Mountain Trumpet (Collomia grandiflora, Polemoniaceae) and Wild Clary Sage (Salvia verbenacea).
Both species are known to produce cleistogamous (closed or reduced) flowers as well as chasmogamous (full-sized open) flowers, but I did not realize that their were strains that only produced cleistogmaous flowers until I grew such palnts from Plant World seed.

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India
I've ordered from Plant World Seeds. I will recommend them cautiously, with some caveats. The first is the common complaint of all seed purchases, while the second is an unusual circumstance that I have not previously encountered.

1). Overall, I have mixed results. Some seeds germinated, some never did. Of course, at that point, fingers may be pointed in all directions. Were the seeds unviable or did I not give the seed all proper treatments and care. In fairness, it may likely be some of both.

2). However, I also had two types of seed from Plant World come up, but only as fully cleistogamously flowering plants. Cleistogamous flowers are small and do not fully open. While interesting in their own right, the flowers are not showy and do not attract pollinators. If you want plants for ornamental or ecological reasons, ceistogamous plants are not preferred. This suggested to me that they or their sources may have selected seed only from cleistogamous plants. Cleistogamous selfed seed may be easier to get, as their is little uncertainty about pollination, but as I said before, it does not produce the quality plants one expects.
The two species in question were Mountain Trumpet (Collomia grandiflora, Polemoniaceae) and Wild Clary Sage (Salvia verbenacea).
Both species are known to produce cleistogamous (closed or reduced) flowers as well as chasmogamous (full-sized open) flowers, but I did not realize that their were strains that only produced cleistogmaous flowers until I grew such palnts from Plant World seed.
I gotcha(y)

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India
I'm still not clear what you mean. So are you looking for Indian people, living here, who have purchased imported Indian plants or seeds? I think you would have more luck asking if anyone has been able to purchase specific seeds and where they got them (Ghost peppers, for example.)
@Sheal is right. I want to buy seeds outside India.

Reaction score
Country
India
@Nili : Did you try seedsnpots.com as they also have imported seeds from PanAmerican, Sakata & Syngenta seeds (as informed by them). The imported ones will have that mentioned on their product page (like this one as an example)

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India
@Nili : Did you try seedsnpots.com as they also have imported seeds from PanAmerican, Sakata & Syngenta seeds (as informed by them). The imported ones will have that mentioned on their product page (like this one as an example)
Haven't bought any from seedsnpots.com. Had order PanAmerican and benary seeds from Farmerstop. Sowed them recently. Yet to know the results.
A month before got seeds from https://www.indamseeds.com/ they have grown well and now have buds in them.
IMG20211213145116.jpg
IMG20211213145123.jpg
IMG20211213145145.jpg
IMG20211213145201.jpg
IMG20211213145249.jpg

Reaction score
Country
India

Ask a Question