Where to Buy Soil/Supplies Online?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi fellow gardeners,

I'm trying to buy soil, perlite, and a few other items online but shipping is so expensive and the soil prices are all over the place. I live in Vermont and it was over $100 to ship 1.5 cubic feet of Fox Farm Ocean soil and a few cubic feet of perlite! Seems very steep to me.

What are your tried & true gardening supply places online (or do you just stay local and use home depot or similar places)? Thanks in advance everyone!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
Hi fellow gardeners,

I'm trying to buy soil, perlite, and a few other items online but shipping is so expensive and the soil prices are all over the place. I live in Vermont and it was over $100 to ship 1.5 cubic feet of Fox Farm Ocean soil and a few cubic feet of perlite! Seems very steep to me.

What are your tried & true gardening supply places online (or do you just stay local and use home depot or similar places)? Thanks in advance everyone!
A nephew that lives in the vicinity of a large metroplex gets soil from the city re-cycle center that processes any vegetative matter into compost / soil appearing dirt. I helped him unload a truck load a few years ago and it looked as good as anyone would want. Your post prompted me to ask about it yesterday and his reply was that everything did very well with no deaths.

Ask a Question