Where are you based?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The site belongs to Ian who is in the UK, as Ziggy and I are. It takes a while to get used to those Americans, and others, but we find they are generally not too bad.;) It's interesting to find out several differences in our gardening problems and tips.
Welcome to the forum ''Why.....'' A user name is marginally better than oy you, or thingy, or something random. Does it matter to you very much where this forum is based?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya! I’m in UK too. No I found that any user name I chose was ‘ already taken’ so I got cheesed off.
I wondered if with the different climates, the advice may sometimes be different? Don’t know but I guess gardening anywhere is pretty much the same although a lot of different plants etc…

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Plants are plants, but climate tweaks things a little. I can tell you lots of stuff about houseplants that apply everywhere, but it takes awhile for me to figure out the difference between Norwich, Northumberland and Norfolk.:LOL::ROFLMAO: Don't get me started on the shorthand versions that don't show up on maps! Not to mention the difference between Ontario, Canada and Ontario, California!
Oh, and the Aussies and South Africans with their backwards seasons!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the UK
Subscribers are mostly from the UK and USA.

In the USA they have yards.
Here in the UK, we mostly have gardens.
There are many yards. But they are usually hard standing behind industrial units where they park up heavy vehicles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, welcome to the forum.
'Why ...' is a good abbreviation :) I am lucky with my name, there are not many of us. I have a YouTube channel where I read the stories I write. There is only one other user who has my name on YouTube and he posts videos of cricket games, no conflict.
It is interesting seeing stuff from all around the world, I know a lot more about mangoes than I used to, not that that was ever much. There are a few people who claim to speak English, but call things by strange, foreign sounding, names like 'cilantro' or 'zucchini', some of them are okay.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
''I am lucky with my name, there are not many of us.'' :giggle: Phew! thank goodness for that (Oliver has a good sense of humour by the way, being British)
This is GARDENING FORUMS USA, rudely taken over by GB.

Tetters, If this is a British site why does it pop up when I type Gardening forums USA?
The site belongs to @Ian and he lives up the road here in the UK. Shall we ask him then Mr Texas? Might be interesting to see just how ''rude'' he was on the take over. I think Oliver answered your other point rather well.
Fortunately there are many other gardeners here from your neck of the woods and indeed in other countries who have a much more friendly and pleasant attitude.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL: Hey ''Why'' @ Whydoineedausername - now look what trouble you caused :ROFLMAO: thank you for the laugh.

Ask a Question