When the travel bug bites you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
us
That's Mrs Bootsy (y). She used to have deep red ginger hair but at the time of that photo it was coloured. She has now let that grow out to the pure white she has in post #72. It looks good on her.

Funnily enough, the white hair attracts a lot of the indigenous people in the back country where they see few white people. So we actually get lots of requests from them for them to have their picture taken with us (I've got white hair as well).
Mine used to be the color of a copper crayon. It is still not white. but more of a ginger blond, I was told I would never go white due to the deep color I had to begin with. going on 65 and so far, still have lots of color.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
us
just got back from our annual trip to Key West, Fl. for meet ups, and parties. below is the big costume party on the beach with Mel Fisher's group. Also flew out to St. Martins after for a week. will post those pix later.

Reaction score
My next venture on my bucket list is Scotland, Ireland and UK. want to do that all when over there. Still deciding how to do that. A travel group, not keen on getting up at 7AM to start my day. Or self touring, ---worried about the driving business. I have some acquaintances I would like to meet up with so would need that flexibility. I know there are lots of interesting B&B to stay in. And the northern Scotland really entices me, and of course the castles. Still pondering.
Personally, I'd definitely do it the independent way, every time. That way you get to see what you want to see and take your time staying as long as you want in a place and opening up yourself fully to new experiences. Plus the UK is perfectly set up for it. Scotland? Absolutely stunning. If you're on a budget you could take advantage of cheaper and better accommodation options using sites like AirBNB for a more cultural experience. The UK is steeped in history and depending on what kind of things interest you, you can tailor the whole thing to suit. Do it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
us
I get that all @hatch. been checking around. did find a tour that is suitable for what I want. and their schedule looks unrushed also. going to the first area I want to get to, which is the coast/country roads of N. Scotland. will have to get back for England another time. And the price is not bad at all. Going this August.

Reaction score
Great, well either way, you'll love it. I'm seething with envy - it's almost twenty years since I was up in the Highlands. Don't forget to try some haggis with 'tatties n nips' while you're there, you won't be disappointed. Oh and August will be here before you know it. Enjoy the excitement!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
us
@tbendl , it was vodka with rosemary simple syrup and pepper and just a dark short straw. really good. the rosemary not too pronounced. the whole pepper corns was, interesting, it slowed down the drinking of it. Not sure if I liked it or not, kept spitting them back, and can sip only. did taste good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
us
I make one in the summer with Lavender simple syrup, vodka, sake, lemon juice, fresh raspberries smushed. shake with ice, and pour in glass, through a strainer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
us
18 days to go to Scotland. So here is my schedule. Edinburgh--land August 11 in the morning, (hope I slept on plane) go to my hotel, forgot the name of the first one but it is on Corstorphine Road (recall is a lower number, like 18, or 15) then move to the tour guide hotel on the 12th its the Holiday Inn, same road just down further I gather from the number, too far to walk, so taxie it, staying there 2 nights. Then off to Inverness, for one night, then to Thurso, for two nights (that will be Aug. 15 and 16. Then to Broadford, for one night, then Ballachulish for one night (August 18) then to Glasgow for last night August 19 (holiday Inn again) Flying out, I believe like 2PM on the 20th.
This is with a tour group, so they have things planned that we are to see. But their seems to be offered only 14 meals, so I can explore that area also, which is good. Hope I can sleep on all these one night stops.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
us
Oh wow, I hope you have a lovely time Esther and take lots of pictures to share with us in the States. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question