When the travel bug bites you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'll be heading to Colorado this summer for a conference, looking forward to that. I love traveling. I've lived all over the US and a few years in Canada, I'm starting to explore the Caribbean now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I'll be heading to Colorado this summer for a conference, looking forward to that. I love traveling. I've lived all over the US and a few years in Canada, I'm starting to explore the Caribbean now.
A few years ago I was in Denver where my nephew lives. He took me to the Colorado Mountains.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Was wondering if there was a "Holiday/Vacation " thread started. and yep its here.

Funny it started out with Alaska. I leave this month on August 29 for a cruise with the Lindblade cruise line. http://www.expeditions.com/destinations/alaska/
Been looking at this company for years. Never did like the cruises where thousands of people are, and the huge boat and the gross food amounts. This is a small ship of only 60 people, and it is partnered with the National Geographic society. So it is considered an exploratory trip. It is staffed with people that have degrees in marine biology and plants, etc. It will be 8 days.

Other than that trip above, each year for the past 20 years my husband and I go to Key West, Florida for 2 weeks. to party with 300 friends as we belong to the Mel Fisher treasure hunting society (look them up on line for more infor) there is a book that came out this year, we--my husband and I are actually in the book 4 times, and our picture in it two time. neat.

Over the years I have been to several states on the west coast of USA, some states on the East coast. We have been to Belize, Dom.Republic, Bahamas, Canada, Cancun. Of course local states to PA. Our timeshares help in this area.

My next year plans are to do North Scotland, some of Ireland. England never did draw me, I am not a city person, and congestion would get on my nerves after a while.

Hope to back to Florida, to see the extension of Harry Potter world in December.

My one bag is always packed. LOL.

If anyone local enough to get near Southern Chester County, in PA. let me know, perhaps we can meet up. I live 20 mins from Longwood Gardens, if you need a marker.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
You better make a trip to India now. You will have so much to see. I have covered many countries but now after my accident I do not think I will take the risk of traveling although my doctor says I am fine.
The cruise that we took was to the Bahamas I liked it. It was a 14 decked ship with different themes. We had enough of entertainment and although there were people we did not see them at one place except for that Captain's dinner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
while India is interesting, its ,not on my list to go. We went to the Bahamas twice the Grand Bahamas and then the capital. Would not mind trying other further out islands one day, but no holding my breath as I have other places well a front of that area to see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
You better make a trip to India now. You will have so much to see. I have covered many countries but now after my accident I do not think I will take the risk of traveling although my doctor says I am fine.
The cruise that we took was to the Bahamas I liked it. It was a 14 decked ship with different themes. We had enough of entertainment and although there were people we did not see them at one place except for that Captain's dinner
that is why you brought up India, your from India, could not figure that out. Was trying to read above to see if anyone else brought up that area, but could not find it.
Hope you can do some traveling somewhere, some how.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
that is why you brought up India, your from India, could not figure that out. Was trying to read above to see if anyone else brought up that area, but could not find it.
Hope you can do some traveling somewhere, some how.

"Hope you can do some traveling somewhere, some how"

I have been travelling for years now having covered US, a bit of Canada, quite a bit of India, Nepal, Australia, New Zealand and 7 European countries.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I travel around my country much but have not been anywhere far. I would love to go to iceland, all that ice! My ideal holiday destination is the carribean though, so I can have a taste of the beaches there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Back from my 12 days away in Alaska and Seattle,. have to run through the pics to post later this week, or weekend. too much to do outside, and unpack and etc. Thank goodness I am not back to work till Monday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
My next year plans are to do North Scotland, some of Ireland. England never did draw me, I am not a city person, and congestion would get on my nerves after a while.

There are lots of parts of England that don't have towns or cities and no congestions.

This month we were walking in the Lake District and whilst out walking we rarely saw more than a dozen people all day. In the evenings we were able to go into small villages or towns for a meal. These are some of the views.

P1250702.JPG

P1250735.JPG

P1250771.JPG

P1250785.JPG

P1250835.JPG

P1250817.JPG

Early on in the year we went to Capadoccia in Eastern Turkey. A fascinating place with an interesting history.

Later this year we're going to Istanbul and early next year we are going to travel through Northern India and Bhutan. We shall start in Delhi then on to Darjeeling, Gangtok, Phuntsholing, Thimphu, Paro and ending up in Calcutta.

How many of those names do you know? :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
There are lots of parts of England that don't have towns or cities and no congestions.

This month we were walking in the Lake District and whilst out walking we rarely saw more than a dozen people all day. In the evenings we were able to go into small villages or towns for a meal. These are some of the views.

Early on in the year we went to Capadoccia in Eastern Turkey. A fascinating place with an interesting history.

Later this year we're going to Istanbul and early next year we are going to travel through Northern India and Bhutan. We shall start in Delhi then on to Darjeeling, Gangtok, Phuntsholing, Thimphu, Paro and ending up in Calcutta.

How many of those names do you know? :D

The English country side does look nice, will consider. The other places you mentioned are some I would personally cheer away from thinking that there are issues there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
There really aren't any problems in those places. As with everything else, it's only the bad things that hit the headlines.

I know a lot of English people that won't go to the U.S. because they think the place is overrun with race battles and gang warfare! That's about all we get from the media. :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Interesting what the media says about the U.S. guess that is why people are tearing down the walls to get in.

I know there are a lot of places in the world I have not seen, but a lot I have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
When we are in Key West, we meet up with a few of our friends. two of which were on the TV show "strange inheritance" here is a link of a clip of it. Perhaps if some of you in the USA who get "on demand" can find the complete show. It was wonderful.
http://www.strangeinheritance.com/video?videoid=4629938566001

Ask a Question