Road travel from Jammu to Srinagar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
If at all you are planning on a holiday in Kashmir you will enjoy the ride by road from Jammu to Srinagar. It is a twelve hour journey but the route is picturesque with hills and dales.
We had been there when it was not snowing and got the opportunity to drink mineral water that came flowing down the hills. It is hard water and may not suit many. We had no problem. Holding your hand right under the flowing stream that comes from high above the mountains and drinking that water is a rare experience and I am happy that I got the opportunity.

highway.jpg

Image credit
http://zeenews.india.com/news/jammu...highway-re-opens-after-four-days_1563969.html

Reaction score
I have heard that place is very beautiful, it's very close to the border, isn't it? My cousin was stationed in the neighboring country. I've heard some really interesting things and seen some really beautiful pictures :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have heard that place is very beautiful, it's very close to the border, isn't it? My cousin was stationed in the neighboring country. I've heard some really interesting things and seen some really beautiful pictures :)

Kashmir is a tourists' paradise.

Ask a Question